Home

EA Sports FIFA 13 Demo Has Been Downloaded Almost 2 Million Times

This is a discussion on EA Sports FIFA 13 Demo Has Been Downloaded Almost 2 Million Times within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports FIFA 13 Demo Has Been Downloaded Almost 2 Million Times

NEARLY TWO MILLION FANS DOWNLOADED EA SPORTS FIFA 13

FIFA 13 Pre-orders Surpass 875,000 Units Two Weeks From Launch

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that anticipation for EA SPORTS™ FIFA 13 has reached record levels—1.99 million people in 73 countries around the world downloaded and played FIFA 13 in the three days after the demo launched earlier this week for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and PC. This is a 29 percent increase compared to the first three days after the FIFA 12 demo last year. Two weeks from launch, fans around the world have pre-ordered over 875,000* copies of FIFA 13—up 37 percent year over year in Europe and a 62 percent increase year over year in North America.

FIFA 13 is launching to global critical acclaim. It was rated 91/100 and called the “best football game ever” by GamesMaster Magazine in the UK, and earlier this year, the E3 Game Critics chose FIFA 13 as “Best Sports Game” for 2012.

Fans in Europe have the opportunity to get unprecedented six day early access to FIFA 13 beginning Sept. 22 through the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program** and Season Ticket subscribers in North America can begin downloading FIFA 13 on Sept. 21. FIFA 13 will be available in retail stores on September 25 in North America and September 28 worldwide.

Early access to FIFA 13 Ultimate Team for all returning players*** begins September 18, enabling fans to start building and managing their FIFA 13 Ultimate Team via easportsfootball.com. Players will have access to the auction markets and other features in preparation for the season. In FIFA Ultimate Team fans earn, buy, trade and bid for coveted players to build a team of the world’s best football stars.

FIFA 13 captures the unpredictability of real-world football with breakthrough features like First Touch Control that ensure no two matches ever play the same, and new online services like EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day that completely connect FIFA 13 to the real-world football season. In the FIFA 13 demo, real-world drama such as injuries, suspensions, team form, and media gossip surrounding Manchester City, Arsenal, Juventus, AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund will play out in-game and be reflected through in-game commentary. The FIFA 13 demo is available through Origin™, Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation Network.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
FIFA is a worldwide commercial juggernaut. No doubt about that.

It's massiveness is unparalleled not only in sports gaming, but I think video gaming in general.

This from a Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 supporter .
Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports FIFA 13 Demo Has Been Downloaded Almost 2 Million Times

I'm someone who has traditionally been a Madden/NHL gamer. I didn't even touch FIFA until FIFA 12, though I used to play the FIFA games back on SNES.

At any rate, FIFA has wow'd me with one of the most solid franchise modes I've ever seen, and THE most compelling gameplay. No other game has made me want to play the game more. I have NHL 13, and I'm already looking past it and towards FIFA 13. I keep choosing the FIFA 13 demo over NHL 13, for a variety of reasons.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports FIFA 13 Demo Has Been Downloaded Almost 2 Million Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'm someone who has traditionally been a Madden/NHL gamer. I didn't even touch FIFA until FIFA 12, though I used to play the FIFA games back on SNES.

At any rate, FIFA has wow'd me with one of the most solid franchise modes I've ever seen, and THE most compelling gameplay. No other game has made me want to play the game more. I have NHL 13, and I'm already looking past it and towards FIFA 13. I keep choosing the FIFA 13 demo over NHL 13, for a variety of reasons.

FIFA is hands down the best sports game period.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Banned

Bugle789's Arena

OVR: 3
Still getting use to the game, but being a long time FIFA supporter I'm pretty excited
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Alot of sports games can stand to learn from FIFA. Amazing depth. Obviously it's not pefect but one of the few games where I believe the developers have a plan and execute it, wheras other sports games are just going through the motions to keep from becoming stale

Last edited by cadalyst17; 09-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
Alot of sports games can stand to learn from FIFA. Amazing depth. Obviously it's not pefect but one of the few games where I believe the developers have a plan and execute it, wheras other sports games are just going through the motions to keep from becoming stale
Agree with what you said but coming from someone who plays football manager it really isn't all that deep lool nontheless awesome year to be a console gamer...
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
The sport of soccer lends its self better to be a video game. Open field, space to run into, and freedom. Bball and football tend to lack the overall freedom of fifa.

Playing full manual, anywhere you point on the stick the ball will be shot or passed. Imagine that in madden, that you had to actual control where the ball went with 0 help with the AI.

NBA games are even more constricting with their lack of control on passing. That is what makes fifa the best to me, you have the most freedom of any sport game. Yes it has it flaws all games do, but the freedom to control everything is what separates FIFA from 2k and Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »