Home

NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only)

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only)

NHL 13 patch 1.02 has arrived for PS3 users. Not much, but here are the details.
  • PS3 Stanley Cup Edition not awarding Hockey Ultimate Team packs - Please enter your Stanley Cup Edition HUT code to receive your reward if you have not already done so. If you have already entered the code the packs will appear in the HUT Store
  • PS3 GameStop/EB Games Pre-order codes not awarding Hockey Ultimate Team Packs - Please enter your Pre-order code to receive your reward if you have not already done so. If you have already entered the code the packs will appear in the HUT Store
  • Reduces frame rater jitter on the PS3 as experienced by a number of players in all game modes but was most noticeable in OTP
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Patch Update 1.02 (Not a Tuner Update)

So its possible that its not gameplay related...
Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
So its possible that its not gameplay related...
I also think certain gameplay elements are only fixed by a patch but who knows.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad they have been hard at work fixing an issue that did not allow us to get a pack of cards........for a broken game......I understand that needed to be addressed, but I cannot play the game with or without the cards thanks to the penalty issue so that should have been a top priority. I would say that based on our complaints that it is affecting the game negativley wouldnt you?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thats it? smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The lack of penalties is driving me insane. Any news yet?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHTD
The lack of penalties is driving me insane. Any news yet?

I've just played 3 full ten minute period games with the new patch and the CPU did not commit a single penalty. I know the patch had nothing to do with penalties but...

Nothing. In 9 ten minute periods.

I was getting 1 maybe 2 a game if I was lucky with my slider set on 1.01.

Right now, I have zero confidence in anything the developer puts out, patch notes or otherwise. Heck, I was pretty convinced half an hour ago that the CPU goalie reaction slider was reversed, having hit 5 goals in 16 shots on "quickest reaction" compared to 4 in 35 on 1 tick last night.

Yesterday, I quite liked the game, tonight it's just annoyed from start to finish. I've seen so much otherworldy nonsense go on in the games I've played this evening. Players ricocheting off the boards as if they were pinball solenoids, junior players unleashing visibly freakish lightning bolt shots when shot power has been dialled down, garbage goal followed by ridiculous, magic glove save.

I even tried the much maligned 1.02 tuner. Needless to say, I now understand why it has a bad reputation. It turns the game into a jittery mess, the AI players buzzing around, flicking their sticks like angry hockey playing wasps rather than considering what they should be doing.

NHL 13 feels like a lottery at the moment and in computer games that's never fun. You need to feel in control a little and be reasonably confident that solid, percentage hockey will win the day. That's not the case right now. Of course there's no grand CPU conspiracy but there's far too many "oh... come on!" moments right now.

EDIT: Then when you read stuff like this:

Cpu hitting power = User hitting power and User hitting power = CPU hitting power.

Just tested these sliders when quite a bit of people were claiming that Hitting power sliders are reversed. I didn't believe it because i knew for certain that putting both user and cpu hitting power sliders to minimum reduces the hitting power...

Then when still i saw comments about the sliders reversed i tested them. The sliders are not reversed like max=min and min=max as i thought people were saying, actually they are "switched".

Last edited by Therion7; 09-20-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I wonder if there has ever been a time with an EA Sports game that sliders have been actually proven to be backwards/reversed?

Now personally, I can't say one way or the other for certain. But I at least tend to doubt it. I would think it's most likely a placebo effect, caused by a slider just simply not working. And what some see as a reversed slider, is maybe in reality different game situations causing unexpected/weird results. Just a guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »