Home

NHL 13 Sales Are Up This Year, Despite NHL Lockout

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Sales Are Up This Year, Despite NHL Lockout within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Sales Are Up This Year, Despite NHL Lockout

IMO most casual fans couldn't give a crap about the lockout. If a game is fun to them, they are still going to buy it. Plus most NHL or hockey fans couldn't care a less about the lockout either in terms of video gaming. They just want to be able to play some sort of hockey game. The only time I can see the lockout affecting sales is half way through the year when a non hockey fan has his/her NHL team winning games and giving buzz around the city. Those fans are then more apt to buy this game because they are pumped about hockey. It's more of a fad. Depending on how long the lockout lasts, this may be the only way they lose sales. If the lockout doesn't go too long then I don't really think it should affect it at all.

These sales can be taken as two ways. Maybe they will have more money to put into the game or maybe they will make minimal changes and bank on the fact that people are going to buy their game anyway. I truly hope they will start listening to us fans and change some of the problems that have been in this game for a while. Either way it's selling hockey which is great, whether it replicates the sport the way we want or not. Overall hopefully this game will be a way for people to keep thinking about the NHL while they have a lockout. I just think if this lockout lasts for the full year (even though it's said that it won't), it could be very detrimental to the sport.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8
seems like EA is doing good so far with their 2013 sports games this year(increased sales and online game play). I think we all can expect fifia 13 this year to break records as well(For EA records)...too bad live 13 is not coming out on disc and EA is not showing much of that game at that.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
This is kinda weird. Personally, I'm not buying it until the NHL gets it's act together and they start the season. I thought more people would feel this way, but maybe not. I was underwhelmed by the demo, but still would have bought it for the new season - but there isn't one. Not yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #12
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
This is kinda weird. Personally, I'm not buying it until the NHL gets it's act together and they start the season. I thought more people would feel this way, but maybe not.
I can't understand this reasoning to be honest.
Why not buy the game, just because the regular season is on hold?

For me, those two things don't affect each other at all.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

^^^^^^^^i guess he is playing real GM mode and locking out the game....lol
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
I can't understand this reasoning to be honest.
Why not buy the game, just because the regular season is on hold?

For me, those two things don't affect each other at all.
I don't understand it either. For me, an NHL lockout would make me MORE likely to buy the game and get my (non college) hockey fix!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I don't understand it either. For me, an NHL lockout would make me MORE likely to buy the game and get my (non college) hockey fix!
Me too. A lockout means 3-4 more free nights for playing once the season was supposed to start.

I don't even think the NHL or PA get any incremental money from sales anyway, do they? I think the license agreement is just a long term contract so I don't think buying the game impacts their money at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
The reason I'm passing until they play is because why would I want to play a game that reminds me that the greatness of NHL hockey is sitting on the bench, fighting amongst itself over money? If they play, I'll get the game. But if I got the game now it would only make me miss the real thing more. The last strike they had lasted an entire year! And I passed on the NHL game altogether that year. I can wait until they work it out - I don't think we are gonna miss another entire season - that would be absurd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »