Home

WWE 13 Screenshots - I Quit Match Mode and Are You Ready to Play as DX Trailer

This is a discussion on WWE 13 Screenshots - I Quit Match Mode and Are You Ready to Play as DX Trailer within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: WWE 13 Screenshots - I Quit Match Mode

WWE 12 was one of the worst wrestling games I've ever played. There was no depth to it, at all. Here Comes The Pain is arguably the best wrestling game that has ever been made. WWE Universe Mode was one of the worst game modes I've ever played in a wrestling game. Go back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007/8, Be a GM was one of the greatest modes I've ever played.

Customization is great, but I'd rather have a deep mode than what WWE 12 offered.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
No WWE game will be better than the PS2/N64 Versions.
No WWE game may ever be better than Smackdown2 for PS. There was all kinds of good stuff in that game. Such as multiplayer season. It definitely lacks some of the technological advances that the new games had, but the quality was way better. in fact i played it about 6 months ago on the PS3 and thought it was better than WWE 12, which was a let down. To your credit though, SvR 2008 w/ECW was probably the second best, i like the GM Mode and would without a doubt buy a new game if they would add that
Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

Quote:
WWE 12 was one of the worst wrestling games I've ever played. There was no depth to it, at all. Here Comes The Pain is arguably the best wrestling game that has ever been made. WWE Universe Mode was one of the worst game modes I've ever played in a wrestling game. Go back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007/8, Be a GM was one of the greatest modes I've ever played.

Customization is great, but I'd rather have a deep mode than what WWE 12 offered.
Totally agree with you on that. I liked how you could create rivalries, run promos, and all the other extra stuff that you can't even expect one of the new games to have. And yes WWE was a huge disappointment, 08 was the last really good game they had, I still occasionally play it just to see what I can do in GM mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

ok, this is looking to be the best wwe game ever made. ..why am i expecting to be disappointed though?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
The story mode in HCTP and No Mercy far exceeds what WWE 12 could do. Don't get me wrong, WWE 12's gameplay mechanics were sharp (which they SHOULD be). But that Road to Wrestlemania stuff can't touch the older games.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
No WWE game may ever be better than Smackdown2 for PS. There was all kinds of good stuff in that game. Such as multiplayer season. It definitely lacks some of the technological advances that the new games had, but the quality was way better. in fact i played it about 6 months ago on the PS3 and thought it was better than WWE 12, which was a let down. To your credit though, SvR 2008 w/ECW was probably the second best, i like the GM Mode and would without a doubt buy a new game if they would add that
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
Totally agree with you on that. I liked how you could create rivalries, run promos, and all the other extra stuff that you can't even expect one of the new games to have. And yes WWE was a huge disappointment, 08 was the last really good game they had, I still occasionally play it just to see what I can do in GM mode.
The Smackdown games were awful, unless you liked walking around backstage until you find someone to talk to. The whole reason they revamped their WWE game was because the outcry on the Smackdown game was about how bad it is and how the game needed a revamp.

WWE 12 is the best wrestling game since the N64 days. The Smackdown games had no flow and the mechanics were awful as were the controls.

And by the way, all those things you mentioned you can do in WWE 12. You can set your rivals, you can create storylines, create events, create promos, etc or if you don't want to take the time to do all that you can just download storylines from the custom creations. Or you can jump into Universe Mode where things are constantly changing. And on top of that, this year they add the Attitude era.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 09-24-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
The Smackdown games were awful, unless you liked walking around backstage until you find someone to talk to. The whole reason they revamped their WWE game was because the outcry on the Smackdown game was about how bad it is and how the game needed a revamp.

WWE 12 is the best wrestling game since the N64 days. The Smackdown games had no flow and the mechanics were awful as were the controls.

And by the way, all those things you mentioned you can do in WWE 12. You can set your rivals, you can create storylines, create events, create promos, etc or if you don't want to take the time to do all that you can just download storylines from the custom creations. Or you can jump into Universe Mode where things are constantly changing. And on top of that, this year they add the Attitude era.
Thats why I said Smackdown 2. On HCTP and JBI you walked around backstage, but not on the first and second. You had your matches and the cutscenes backstage, with fights backstage. 12 was not that good. could you do the stuff you mentioned? yes, but you weren't fighting for ratings, you were trying to be the best. Thats what I'm talking about, the ratings wars. That you cannot do on 12. That is something they should throw into the new games. An online GM mode, compete with other users to win the ratings.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

And that's your opinion, just like in my opinion WWE 12 is one of the worst.

Here Comes the Pain has always been regarded as one of the best WWE games ever made, next to No Mercy by fans and critics.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #16
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
WWE 12 is already better than those games. And i'm someone who still has every WCW/NWO & WWE game for the n64. The only semi decent PS2 WWE game was the Attitude one and that is nothing compared to WWE12.

Aside from the fact that the gameplay is once again enjoyable, the storylines and modes offered as well as the incredible amount of customization make these games better than the n64 games we all grew up loving.

I'm able to download WCW guys who look amazing, have my Raw show with WWE guys and a Nitro show for my WCW guys.

I cannot wait for WWE 13 to come out.
Wait what? The only semi decent game was Attitude? Come on now. In terms of fans/critics reception of the WWE games prior to Smackdown taking over on all platforms (which tells you all you need to know about how good Smackdown was in the first place) the general feeling on the best games were pretty much always No Mercy, Here Comes The Pain, Day of Reckoning and Smackdown vs RAW 2006. Attitude wasn't even on the PS2 c'mon now man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »