Home

NBA 2K13 Talkin' 2K: Dunk'd

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Talkin' 2K: Dunk'd within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
agreed. Blake is a great dunker, but that's about where it ends. I think he's one of the most overrated in the game right now. Come Tuesday I'm pickin a Derrick Rose case
That's where it ends? I'm sorry, but that is the farthest thing from being accurate. Players who can only dunk don't put up the numbers that he does, and you can't argue that. If you look at all the contestants in the dunk contest from the past 10-15 years, I promise you at least half of them were either average players or were bench riders. Just look who Blake competed against in the 2011 contest: Demar Derozan (nice player with a good skill set but hasn't performed extremely well and who really knows how high his ceiling is), Javale McGee (self explanatory), and Serge Ibaka (excellent defender and great athlete but is by no means a star). Blake outperforms all of them on a nightly basis and has far more potential as well. He isn't just a dunker, he's a very good all around player. Is he a superstar? No, and people do need to understand that the word superstar should not be thrown around recklessly, as it should be reserved for the players who are head and shoulders better than their peers aka LeBron, KD, D-Wade, Kobe etc.

In the end, while Blake doesn't deserved to be dubbed a superstar just yet, one could believe he could ascend into that category in a year or two. He could end up being just a better version of Shawn Kemp, but I think his future is much brighter than that.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Talkin' 2K: Dunk'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
That's where it ends? I'm sorry, but that is the farthest thing from being accurate. Players who can only dunk don't put up the numbers that he does, and you can't argue that. If you look at all the contestants in the dunk contest from the past 10-15 years, I promise you at least half of them were either average players or were bench riders. Just look who Blake competed against in the 2011 contest: Demar Derozan (nice player with a good skill set but hasn't performed extremely well and who really knows how high his ceiling is), Javale McGee (self explanatory), and Serge Ibaka (excellent defender and great athlete but is by no means a star). Blake outperforms all of them on a nightly basis and has far more potential as well. He isn't just a dunker, he's a very good all around player. Is he a superstar? No, and people do need to understand that the word superstar should not be thrown around recklessly, as it should be reserved for the players who are head and shoulders better than their peers aka LeBron, KD, D-Wade, Kobe etc.

In the end, while Blake doesn't deserved to be dubbed a superstar just yet, one could believe he could ascend into that category in a year or two. He could end up being just a better version of Shawn Kemp, but I think his future is much brighter than that.
He has no back to basket move, he can't really dribble that well, terrible shot blocker, not really a great rebounder (just uses his hops). He's not like Amare when he was young..that's why he's still pretty good now that he's had surgery and lost most of his jumping ability. Blake is having injury problems already, before he even develops a true go to move..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
c'mon obviously the best dunker of all time is VC (although you could make a case for Shawn Kemp and Jason Richardson). his dunks were just more aesthetically pleasing. he would often dunk the ball after reaching the apex of his jump, like while on the way down, which gave the impression that of him hanging in the air longer. This also required full extension of his limbs and having to contort his body in midair and at various angles, which makes dunks look more awesome. and a lot of the dunks he did were more technically challenging.

griffin's dunks...idk they don't really have much of this. He does throw it down with a lot of power, and usually on people, which gives them a greater "OOOOOOOH" factor.

Shawn Kemp though, now his had both flash AND power
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
Please tell me we are not stuck with the same Jordan dunk animations , Jordan dunking over Muggsy from the free throw line in traffic .... C'mon unrealistic .
Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
He has no back to basket move, he can't really dribble that well, terrible shot blocker, not really a great rebounder (just uses his hops). He's not like Amare when he was young..that's why he's still pretty good now that he's had surgery and lost most of his jumping ability. Blake is having injury problems already, before he even develops a true go to move..
The bolded parts are completely false. The guy has quality handles for a bigman and is definitely a great rebounder.

It can be argued that he's already a better player than Amar'e ever was. Stoudemire only advantage is mid-range shooting, while Griffin is a better passer, rebounder and ball-handler. They are both below average defensively which is sad because of their physical tools.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #22
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Blake's got a sick handle for a PF, a nice post game, and is a very good rebounder, along with being one of the best finishers in the league. Everybody says that all he can do is dunk which is real ignorant.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #23
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
agreed. Blake is a great dunker, but that's about where it ends. I think he's one of the most overrated in the game right now. Come Tuesday I'm pickin a Derrick Rose case
All three guys are on the cover. There are no separate covers this year.

I would also like to know how averaging 20 points and 10 boards makes you overrated? Let me guess, because sportscenter only shows his dunk highlights?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #24
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Amare is still pretty good? Whoa. I hope he bounces back but he was awful last year.

Blake doesn't have a go to move on the post but he makes athletic moves spinning, duping, and mixing in his jump hook.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »