Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone else noticed how time consuming it is to increase the dollar amount for a transfer offer? The increments are in $100 and sometimes you need to increase your offer by MILLIONS of dollars to make a reasonable offer. It can take up to 5 minutes to do this.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
I have a question. Are fouls called more than in '12? That was my main gripe with that game.
Slide tackles can still be hit and miss at times, but I do notice more fouls called when players are tugging each other. In fact, most of the penalties I've won are when the opposition were pulling on my striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino
Has anyone else noticed how time consuming it is to increase the dollar amount for a transfer offer? The increments are in $100 and sometimes you need to increase your offer by MILLIONS of dollars to make a reasonable offer. It can take up to 5 minutes to do this.
I forget the equivalent on the 360, but the triangle button on the PS3 lets you enter the amount.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I think it is a very fair review. We need to stop letting EA slide on these simple AI things. The defensive AI is terrible. How hard is it for your CPU defenders to at least keep between the striker and the net? NHL has the exact same problem. The defenders stand in position then completely ignore the speed of the attacking player, causing way too many scoring opportunities that should never happen. If you don't take control of a CB yourself early, you are likely going to get put in a very, very bad situation. You can counter this yourself, but try playing on career mode where you only control a certain player and watch your defense cause all sorts of problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

Hmm...a little wary of this review when discussing the game play flaws. Is there a lack of understanding on the reviewers part in terms of the game of football? Possibly, possibly not.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
While the number itself "feels" a little low, this review did give me a new perspective on what we should expect from this game. I don't like a lot of things about the defense - it was the main reason that I left Legacy Defending on in FIFA 12 - I needed the ability to quickly steal the ball after my other 10 players did nothing to try and take it away. I am trying Tactical Defending this year, but if the primary control they give you is to "contain" (prior to lunging violently with the B button), then it would make more sense if your teammates would try to box in the ball carrier and steal the ball while you are containing. This simply doesn't happen.

But it's not really an "A.I." failure, because the CPU defense does know how to do these things against you on offense. It's a design decision. Your defense is programmed to stand off because you have control, and I wish they found a middle ground there.

Still a very fun game, and much improved.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Excellent review. Most in-depth, accurate and fair review of FIFA 13 I've read. Sounds like you played the game for more than a just a couple of days, unlike 99% of the other ones. Maybe it's because this review is tailored to non-casual sports gamers.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Banned

I use classic controls. So I dont really see many problems on the defensive end. I turned Marking to 55. Anyway I dont think this game deserves less than a 9 for how fun and deep it is. Though I can see how someone can see the game as an 8.5 on default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino
@benzino.. i thought this as well, however, i believe if you hit the "Y" button on 360 you can change the individual columns as well... such as the millions place etc. I'm not near my game now and I'm not sure if tha'ts the correct button, but it can be changed that way and makes the process much much easier. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »