Home

Madden NFL 25 to Include Actual NFL Referees?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 to Include Actual NFL Referees? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 14 to Include Actual NFL Referees?

Will there be a referee mode? You know, where we can play as the referee and screw teams out of wins? Or better yet, hold out until the NFL pays us but since there's no replacement officials in the game, you cant play the game at all. LMFAO.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah if they are bringing in the actual refs they definitely need to focus on getting the penalties to work correctly..
And focus on getting the refs to face the right direction... LMAO!! **sigh** EA Tiburon you crack me up.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

What I would like to happen:

See refs get in the way, knocked down, pulling players apart after a pile up, separating smack talking players.

EVERY NFL penalty represented in the game.

Replays showing the penalty focusing on who the penalty was called on with corresponding commentary

Replays after every turnover or scoring play (like in the NFL )

Coaches yelling at officials

Players and refs pointing to the first down in the right direction.

What I think will happen.....absolutely nothing. There probably won't be any discernible difference like BigFnDeal said this will be a wasted opportunity for more immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #12
Rookie

Pretty sure Ed Hochuli was already in Madden 06 or 07. Hardly a new or innovative feature.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #13
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonomega
Pretty sure Ed Hochuli was already in Madden 06 or 07. Hardly a new or innovative feature.
Yes he was, but I think that the key difference in this article lies within the plurality of the word "referees." Not a single referee will have his face scanned, but as the article suggests, the entire officiating crew.

It would be nice to have different refs for different games, and their calls vary due to their differences in judgement. However, I think that the main goal for having the real refs in the game is to add substance to the commentary.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Yes he was, but I think that the key difference in this article lies within the plurality of the word "referees." Not a single referee will have his face scanned, but as the article suggests, the entire officiating crew.

It would be nice to have different refs for different games, and their calls vary due to their differences in judgement. However, I think that the main goal for having the real refs in the game is to add substance to the commentary.
Yeah, I very seriously doubt that the different refs would provide varying judgments/penalty calling styles like it was Fire Pro Wrestling. I don't think EA is that clever. I definitely know that the NFL wouldn't allow/encourage a perception that certain refs call this way and another calls that way.

It'd be exactly what we have now except a ref would be chosen randomly at the start of the game but with some half-assed recorded, awkwardly thrown together lines like they have the commentators do.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #15
MVP

prey2god's Arena

They need to fix the actual assisted tackle stats before implementing anything else.

Just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #16
MVP

prey2god's Arena

and quite honestly, i'll consider never playing Madden again if they bring up some new gimmick like "Be a ref mode".

That would make me ill

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »