Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
A lot of players still have generic faces,there are no tattoos,no coaches,defending sucks big time,no champions league,no barcelona stadium,no croatia national team and etc. if this game got a score 8.5 NBA 2K 13 should get 11..
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
overall fair review , its inexcuseable EA's AI programming continues to be worse this generation however (thats over 5 years ago for friggs sake)
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
While the number itself "feels" a little low, this review did give me a new perspective on what we should expect from this game. I don't like a lot of things about the defense - it was the main reason that I left Legacy Defending on in FIFA 12 - I needed the ability to quickly steal the ball after my other 10 players did nothing to try and take it away. I am trying Tactical Defending this year, but if the primary control they give you is to "contain" (prior to lunging violently with the B button), then it would make more sense if your teammates would try to box in the ball carrier and steal the ball while you are containing. This simply doesn't happen.

But it's not really an "A.I." failure, because the CPU defense does know how to do these things against you on offense. It's a design decision. Your defense is programmed to stand off because you have control, and I wish they found a middle ground there.

Still a very fun game, and much improved.
Seems to me like FIFA wants the player to be a little more "hands -on" this time around. I noticed that sometimes when I play a long ball, the players don't automatically run all the way to the ball, and the game suddenly drops the responsibility in your lap to negotiate your trap, first touch, whatever. I also feel like the defense is the same way at times. I've had better luck with manually bringing a 2nd defender (hold RB) to either trap the guy, or to mark him and allow me to play passing lanes. Not perfect but it's a little better than the normal indifference my teammates show on D.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

Nope, OS missed it on this one. If there ever was a classic this would be it. 9.0 without a doubt.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
Hmm...a little wary of this review when discussing the game play flaws. Is there a lack of understanding on the reviewers part in terms of the game of football? Possibly, possibly not.
I would say there is definitely a lack of understanding on the reviewers part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
OS ratings are predictable enough that I guessed an 8.5 review before even opening the page and was not disappointed.

I will give this site credit for at least being consistent in its criteria for most sports genres.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm not surprised that the defending is as bad as it was last yr it frustrated me too no end I'm on the fence yet so I guess I'll wait
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

People wonder why this game remains good with "no competition". First, PES is still out there and has a following. Second, there is a HUGE WORLD audience that would absolutely ROAST EA if they were stagnant with this series. There are billions of passionate soccer (yes, I said SOCCER, not football) fans that would be quick to give EA the middle finger if they screw up. Those 2 things have kept EAC on their toes with this series and thank goodness for that. I checked out the PES demo and was quite disappointed. Not saying it's bad - it just doesn't compete with FIFA now. Kudos to EA on a fine product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »