Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 2

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 2 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 2

We did it! It’s episode 2 of the Press Row Podcast, and our first since being officially picked up by the Operation Sports network. We’re pumped up to be coming at you every two weeks now, and we celebrate in style with our cemented full cast of characters – also known as the best sports video game writers in the business.

Joining us this week:

Here’s the gameplan:

Kickoff - What the crew has been playing since our last show

First Quarter – It’s FIFA 13 week, so we go in depth from several angles

Second Quarter – We explore the fascinating exchange between Owen and his Editor in Chief at Kotaku, Stephen Totilo about sports video games (found here: http://kotaku.com/5945183/a-note-abo...ts-video-games)

Halftime – Listener feedback

Third Quarter – The crew dives into the current legal mess surrounding NCAA Football and what it may mean for the franchise’s future

Fourth Quarter – Looking at the current (or what was at the time of recording) situation developing between NBA 2K13 and NBA Live 13

2 Minute Warning – Parting shots from the gang

Overtime – Owen weighs in with an extra-time item

The Final Gun – Where to follow and read all of the Press Row Podcast panelists

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes, so subscribe and rate it too! The link is here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/o...563624090?mt=2

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1:30:06

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 2

Good show, I like the new format. On a side note, I don't really read video game reviews by reviewers. I don't know why reviewers give scores now on sports games, there's nothing to compare it to. You could just say, excellent, good, mediocre, or bad. My real question is why don't reviewers handle scores like Cheapassgamer.com does and tell you the price they would pay for the game? If the game is good, but not excellent, say you'd pay 40 dollars. If it's bad, but fun for a little while, say it's a rental or under 20 dollar title. It would help out consumers a lot more than say "this game is an 8, compared to last years 8.5 because it still has this bug that I found left in it."
Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 2

Nice show. Very nice add to a great OS community.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »