Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Dynasty TV Spot

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Dynasty TV Spot within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Dynasty TV Spot

I wish they didn't do that. Reminds me of Live 2006 and 2007 trailers. The game doesn't look like that, and not everyone knows it.

Spoiler

I wonder if anyone has a case if they buy the game by looking at the trailer, and find out it doesn't look like that.

Years ago there would be no problem because no one expected a game to look like that anyway. But today...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 10-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Nobody here noticed that this commercial said absolutely nothing about the actual game?

Nope, just another basketball game. Nothing special about it whatsoever. But you don't have a choice, do you, gamers?

Come on, 2K, go all out with your ads! I don't care that there's no competition--it won't be that way forever!

Tell people WHY they should buy your game!

Tell them what everyone on OS now knows--that the game has improved tremendously since last year! Tell them about the incredible improvements to MyCareer! Tell them about MyTeam! Tell them about the dribble stick--ANYTHING!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Nobody here noticed that this commercial said absolutely nothing about the actual game?

Nope, just another basketball game. Nothing special about it whatsoever. But you don't have a choice, do you, gamers?

Come on, 2K, go all out with your ads! I don't care that there's no competition--it won't be that way forever!

Tell them what everyone on OS now knows--that the game has improved tremendously since last year! Tell them about the incredible improvements to MyCareer! Tell them about MyTeam! Tell them about the dribble stick--ANYTHING!
The marketing dept correctly surmises that going into nerdy details like that is not the way to hype a game in a national TV spot.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

people who have played previous 2k basketball games are not the only ones who are going to buy the game; there will also be many first time buyers. the specific improvements mean nothing to them since they never played its predecessors. The ad has to appeal to as many people as possible. Plus for games that are released annually, it is already implied that their are improvements.

ads aren't that long, and you can't just fill them with word and details; the attention span of the masses is generally not that long. in order to leave an impression on the psyche, consciously and unconsciously, in a short amount of time, its gotta appeal to the senses. its gotta have audio and visual flair, and has to play to peoples desires (theres a reason MJ was talking about knowing and giving people what they "want"). If people are intrigued about the game, they can then do further research themselves, and thats why we have insights and stuff.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think artistically this is a beautiful commercial and MJ really takes it over the top.

I really wonder if some OSers who complain about cgi cutscenes saw the Borderlands 2 live action commerical and thought those were supposed to represent game graphics too. SMH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
man they aint lying ...my fiance been mad at me since saturday morning ...i cant put it down ...its such a great game ......
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

is this what the future holds for video game graphics? i hope so... unless the world ends on the 21st of december =/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »