Home

NBA Baller Beats Review (360 Kinect)

This is a discussion on NBA Baller Beats Review (360 Kinect) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Baller Beats Review (360 Kinect)

Is it possible for a game to be enjoyable, innovative and completely functional, yet nearly unplayable all at the same time? I wouldn’t have thought so, until I played NBA Baller Beats.

Read More - NBA Baller Beats Review (360 Kinect)
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
A lot better score than I expected. Looks like a pretty decent game.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Baller Beats Review (360 Kinect)

This game will be a massive bust, hope they didnt spend more than 10k making it.

Who in their right mind came up with an idea to have a dribbling baskeball game, in the house, close to a television.

Complete failure of thinking a title through.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
This game will be a massive bust, hope they didnt spend more than 10k making it.

Who in their right mind came up with an idea to have a dribbling baskeball game, in the house, close to a television.

Complete failure of thinking a title through.
well because some people can get away with it without breaking their tv or furniture. truth is, if you dont know how to dribble at all. i would advise you learn the basics outside. once you get those down. then you play this game on its lowest levels. rookie/easy songs. and thats after you go thru the school section where you do everything on rookie, then pro, then the highest level. so you can get the basic moves and timing down. so when you see them again.it wont be a complete suprise. in addition doing so will give you more practice. truth is, if you know how to play ball. you shouldnt hit your tv unless you're throwing your ball at the tv. all of the moves are pretty much side to side. sure there's a wrap the ball around you move.b ut a girl can do that without throwing the ball at the TV. and the backwards thru the leg move. again dont do it super hard and stay low. thats the trick. the lower you stay. the less noise it makes. and the more precise you are. but guess what, thats true for real hoop. this game teaches you the real thing. HOW to dribble. put it this way i finally finished all the rookie songs(easy, medium, difficult). and one song on pro/easy. i can dribble.but i havent been dribbling like i use to in a very long time. i'm actually not that great at palming a basketball even though i dont have super small hands. but after playing this game. i can palm a ball with my off hand. now how is that possible? because my hands are getting stronger/fingers as well. in addition my hands and fingers are getting those groves in them that you get from constantly dribbling the ball. you dont develop that unless you dribble a ton. so yes this game is legit. if you're that afraid it will break something. flat screen tv's are thin and light. take your TV outside if you have a home. if you have an apt. move anything that might break out of the way(lamps, tables) and get to work. truth is connect isnt made for places with a super small space. it is what it is. sorry to say.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9
looks like a fun game, i think moms old rule of no ball in the house might come into effect tho, good thing im nt their anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18
I'd rather watch a Jersey Shore marathon than play this game for 10 mins.... No lie....
Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7
lmao There is no way this happens " Hey guys lets get together and play some Baller Beats to some - INERST POP STAR- songs"....
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

archangelkatana's Arena

OVR: 0
This game is actually fun, and I broke a decent sweat while playing the first time. It does require a larger floor space, the kinect kept telling me to move back. After certain cross over moves I tended to move forward. But with the fake shots, and fake passes, and having to maintain a tempo its really nice. Also you have to keep your eyes forward like you do in games, because you have to hit your moves at the right time. So if your looking at your ball then your toast as far as getting a good score. I have a wood floor. I would assume you need wood or tile to play this indoors. If you have carpet I doubt it will work for ya. I guess since I got this game at a big discount it is easier for me to have a positive review. I picked it up at target for like 18 dollars. So for a game, and a ball that is a great deal. Even if I hated the game I had a new basketball. Although the ball is rubber, and not as nice as the leather balls at sports stores. Not everyone will like this game, but if you have someone at home who wants to learn how to dribble than this is a fun way to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »