Home

EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened

This is a discussion on EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #17
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
People are honestly flipping out about this? I've played over 100 games and never saw this once. It's not that big of a deal, and it's actually funny. It in no way hinders gameplay and if you think past NHL games have gotten passes then you haven't been on operation sports. I really feel for developers in this day and age. There are lots more code than their used to be and if they make one mistake (even if it's barely noticeable) people act like you're beating their dog, mother, and sister. NHL 13 is a heck of a lot better than their past games. If you don't like the hercules check, then don't do it, the cpu doesn't do it and EA isn't forcing you to play that way.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened

The hercules check happened because he was checked into the bench right when another player was coming onto the ice, so physics went crazy. Every EA game has crazy physics, first it was FIFA, now Madden, even Tiger Woods has crazy times where if ur ball hits the flag pole it will rocket to the moon 100 yds away.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've never seen this bug because it's such a rare situation that has to be set up for it to occur (line change at the same time you are performing a hip check near the benches).

There are definitely some bugs in this game, but this is not really a significant one due to how rare it is that you'd actually see it occur during a game.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

I think the hitting power slider is TOO effective. Whenever I have it over 3, I see more "fish flopping" hits, or the player bounces on his head after a hit, etc. With it at 3 or less, it's not as bad.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've never seen this bug because it's such a rare situation that has to be set up for it to occur (line change at the same time you are performing a hip check near the benches).

There are definitely some bugs in this game, but this is not really a significant one due to how rare it is that you'd actually see it occur during a game.
The bizarre hits are rare, I've seen one in my entire time playing.

Still though, hitting is very buggy this year. Now that penalties are better, I think hitting is the #1 issue with the game. This particular thing is just a quirk but that doesn't change the fact that the physics have taken a huge step back this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fantastic work from EA Vancouver. Clearly not every EA Studio is filled with soulless *******s
Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This was hilarious! I laughed the hardest at the very end: "What the ****?"

Lmao....
that edited last seconds gave away that this clip is way of making fun out of their boo-boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
So, instead of fixing a bug they make a video making a joke about it?
i guess since they cannot "cure" it...why not just make fun. if this happen in NHL 12.....im sure tons of us will be infuriated and will type all the cussing words we know of
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #24
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Anyone that doesn't think this is funny has a stick WAYYYY to far up theirs. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »