Home

NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #25
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Disagree a little with Hop-step button. Very rarely do you see players perform a hop-step without immediately going into a shot. Players aren't just hopping around to create space. This was a move that was abused in previous 2k's which is why they tied it to shots before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
How quickly this becomes a whining session! Good article, Good read. I'm really enjoying the control this year.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8
smh this game does not give you full control of your player never have, don't know what they playing..yes they gave u the dribble stick (which still does not allow you to control everything the player does base on the type of input methods), still have animations in the game the sucks you inot things you dont want your playing doing. The game itself needs a patch quick cause i have seeing so many bugs..mostly during the online play. I'm not feeling the hop step either doesnt feel the same as 2k11(which was nice) this one its seem like the players do what they want sometimes when your trying to do the hop step in the rim or euro step. the passing in the alley oops are off sometimes compared to the last two games as well. smh..if it wasn't for the dribble stick and some of the new animations that was placed in this game it would be 2k 12.5
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy24
I still don't believe this game is better than 2K11. Sorry. It's ok but overall there is just something in 2K11 that feels more fun to play. The right analog controls to shot transition seem a tad bit to long and out of control. It's like you have to wait to gain control of the player while they do there juke move. Perhaps in 2K11 it was the Jordan factor of it? I skipped 2K12 so I can't compare but I believe people when they say it's very similar to 2k12 (2K13). Good game but not the best. Plays A LOT like EA Live.
I thought 2k10 was the best simulation ever, it was just missing the wide array of legends.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was very glad they brought back the hop-step button. One thing I do miss is the signature gathers that were in 2K11. Anyone know why they never expanded on that and just removed it all together?

Manual bounce passing is very clutch and while the old alley-oop controls weren't hard, I like the change to the shoot+pass combo this year.
They still have the signature gathers just press "B" (Xbox) "O" (PS3)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls

While it's nice they added some controls this year (bounce pass), did they remove the jab-step for 2k13?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k12 had the best controls imo. You could do all those things in 2k12 you would know if you played the game L2+X bounce passed for me all the time on ps3. If 2k would have left the controls alone i would have bought it but they know 2k12 controls gave you more control over your player that added with the Defense woulda had people crying i cant score again. hope they bring back 12 controls i'd pay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #32
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Controls this year are awesome. Major improvement! I was once skeptic when 2K announced this or that but this game feels completely different because it's much more realistic. 2K has never been so close to an NBA simulation like this year. Finally it's not (so) hard anymore to get the right number of offensive glasses in a game compared to real life action. Having 24 offensive glasses with Minnesota or 18 with Chicago just feels great.Great job, guys! P.S.: The right Analog Stick Dribbling is one big reason why this game is a beauty...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »