Home

NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
How quickly this becomes a whining session! Good article, Good read. I'm really enjoying the control this year.
Don't think anyone in this thread is whining. They are just voicing disagreements with parts of the article. Most people like myself agree with the majority of it.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #34
Rookie

Grim's Arena

OVR: 3
I am struggling to get used to the new controls. I wish there were an option to have the right stick be the shot stick without the modifier like all other 2k's. Tired of having fast breaks, and use the right stick only to do some fancy dribble or crossover instead of a dunk. I know I will eventually get used to it, but it sucks right now.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #35
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13: Top Five New Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
I am struggling to get used to the new controls. I wish there were an option to have the right stick be the shot stick without the modifier like all other 2k's. Tired of having fast breaks, and use the right stick only to do some fancy dribble or crossover instead of a dunk. I know I will eventually get used to it, but it sucks right now.
I'am pretty sure that's actually possible.

Have you checked the controller's options? I really think it's there.

But what you experience happened to us all I think. Well happened to me alot. You'll get the hang of it really soon man, no worries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #36
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was very glad they brought back the hop-step button. One thing I do miss is the signature gathers that were in 2K11. Anyone know why they never expanded on that and just removed it all together?

Manual bounce passing is very clutch and while the old alley-oop controls weren't hard, I like the change to the shoot+pass combo this year.
I believe they said it had to do with this being the first year of the right dribble stick, and that they would have more time to work on signature gathers and moves next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »