Home

Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I'm in love. The game is everything I hoped it would be. The details of Forza just had a baby with Project Gotham Racing and Forza Horizon just popped out (makes sense with a lot of the old PGR team working on it).

The game is everything an "arcade" racer should be. Fun, fast, and fun.

Love the details like when it turns night and your dashboard glows. Love how there's different headlights. Love the real traffic. Love having other races go on while you're driving around. The free roam stuff is a winner. I spent 10 minutes trying to beat a speed trap time, that's just the demo messing around, can't imagine what retail will have to unfold.

I was going back and forth on getting this or NFS, was getting both but know I won't give both enough attention right away. NFS has been canceled for now and will pick it up later. Forza will satisfy all those racing needs.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
And the music selections rock. Great mix of techno and cool rock like Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Hives, etc. I'm sure there will be even more tunes in the full release.
Long time PK, how you been?

Anyway, yeah, just a bit

Quote:
Forza Horizon Track List

Horizon Bass Arena:

Levels (Skrillex Mix) - Avicii

Reckless (With Your Love) - Azari & III

Cinema (Skrillex Remix) - Benny Benassi

Blind Faith (feat. Liam Bailey) - Chase & Status

Hot Mess (feat Elly Jackson) (Duck Sauce Mix) - Chromeo

Encore - Digitalism

The Power (feat. Dizzee Rascal) - DJ Fresh

Silicone Lube - Feed Me

Lies (Alex Metric Remix) - Fenech-Soler

Icarus - Madeon

Show Me A Sign - Modestep

Lick The Rainbow - Mord Fustang

Remanence (Junior Remix) - Mr Magnetik

Me & You - Nero

Reaching Out (Fred Falke Remix) - Nero

Blue Monday - New Order

Language - Porter Robinson

Everyday (Netsky VIP Remix) - Rusko

Somebody to Love (Sigma Remix) - Rusko

The Hope - Scuba

Bass 4 - The Hacker

Illmerica (Extended Version) - Wolfgang Gartner

Horizon Pulse:

Need You Now - Cut Copy

Awake - Electric Guest

Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun

Iron Deer Dream (Chad Valley Remix) - Fixers

Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) - Foster The People

Hawaiian Air - Friendly Fires

Hurting - Friendly Fires

No Love -Hooray for Earth

Over & Over - Hot Chip

Black, White and Blue - Ladyhawke

Let Me Go - Maverick Sabre

Paddling Out - Miike Snow

Life is Life (Yuksek Remix) - Noah and the Whale

Take A Walk - Passion Pit

1901 - Phoenix

Bom Bom - Sam and the Womp

Disparate Youth - Santigold

Spirit of the Night - Tesla Boy

Pelican - The Maccabees

Punching in a Dream - The Naked & Famous

Aroused - Tom Vek

Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix) - Two Door Cinema Club

Yeah Yeah - Willy Moon

Horizon Rocks:

R U Mine - Arctic Monkeys

Lonely Boy - Black Keys

The Infected - Four Year Strong

Back of your Neck - Howler

Give It Up - LCD Soundsystem

Bring Em Down - Lostprophets

We Bring An Arsenal - Lostprophets

Teenager - Mona

Animal - Neon Trees

Wildfire, Smoke & Doom - Pulled Apart By Horses

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

Surrender - The Duke Spirit

Away from Here - The Enemy

Had Enough - The Enemy

Hate To Say I Told You - The Hives

She Bangs The Drums - The Stone Roses

Rock n Roll Queen - The Subways

Motoring - TOY

Bug - Wavves

Farewell to the Fairground - White Lies

Bite My Tongue (feat. Oli Sykes) - You Me At Six

Get Away - Yuck

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
Is it me or is this game eerily similar to Dirt 2, right down to the presentation. Anyway we know how that game ended up, with Codemasters reverting to a much more traditional rallying approach with Dirt 3. Forza Horizon is, to me, a spot of franchise milking. Sure if you like arcade racers it will be your thing but for me I will hang on for Forza 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I tried the demo last night and was left pretty impressed by Horizon. I love having an simcade racer where you can drive in the cockpit. For me this is a mix of old NFS + TDU + FM all rolled into one.

Some of the Codemasters guys are on this team and you can tell the work they contributed with, the menu's. LOL! These menus look so close to the Dirt franchise its not even funny.

The Colorado scenery is just plain beautiful to drive around and enjoy the visuals. Even seeing the birds flying in the sky is a nice touch. I think the visuals are a slight downgrade from FM4 in some areas but not anything that would detract me from loving this game. For a racer, the 30FPS works really well having this locked in. The night and day cycles are an awesome addition to the Forza franchise.

Some have complained about the soundtrack reading around, it doesn't bother me one bit and actually like it. I wonder if the cars will have louder sound effects to match FM4 in the retail version. My only complaint is that I wish the crashes felt more like I was crashing into another vehicle instead of just bouncing off the vehicle and continuing on. Granted this is more on the arcade side, but would of been cool.

Racing planes is a neat idea and I can't wait to see how it is in the full game. I also do like Rivals based on your friends list. Also incorporating speed trials based off of your friends list with the speed traps is cool too, which is right out of Paradise City.

One other thing, which arcade racer gives you 200 fully modeled cars with cockpit views and gearbox out of the box? Then add the overly priced season pass to add even more vehicles, this is a nice overall package.

I felt like there was something missing, but with this being a demo, I can't quite put my finger on it. I think the addition of cops would of been cool, but that could be in Horizon 2. I still want to see NFS:MW, but to me that game from all the videos I have seen is a re-skinned Paradise City considering how much time I spent playing it single player and with many friends off of OS.

Do we know if there is any kind of replay engine for this game? This would be awesome if there was one.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Is it me or is this game eerily similar to Dirt 2, right down to the presentation. Anyway we know how that game ended up, with Codemasters reverting to a much more traditional rallying approach with Dirt 3. Forza Horizon is, to me, a spot of franchise milking. Sure if you like arcade racers it will be your thing but for me I will hang on for Forza 4.
Former members of Codemasters and Bizarre Creations made the game, so it would make sense to have a Dirt influence.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
I tried the demo last night and was left pretty impressed by Horizon. I love having an simcade racer where you can drive in the cockpit. For me this is a mix of old NFS + TDU + FM all rolled into one.

Some of the Codemasters guys are on this team and you can tell the work they contributed with, the menu's. LOL! These menus look so close to the Dirt franchise its not even funny.

The Colorado scenery is just plain beautiful to drive around and enjoy the visuals. Even seeing the birds flying in the sky is a nice touch. I think the visuals are a slight downgrade from FM4 in some areas but not anything that would detract me from loving this game. For a racer, the 30FPS works really well having this locked in. The night and day cycles are an awesome addition to the Forza franchise.

Some have complained about the soundtrack reading around, it doesn't bother me one bit and actually like it. I wonder if the cars will have louder sound effects to match FM4 in the retail version. My only complaint is that I wish the crashes felt more like I was crashing into another vehicle instead of just bouncing off the vehicle and continuing on. Granted this is more on the arcade side, but would of been cool.

Racing planes is a neat idea and I can't wait to see how it is in the full game. I also do like Rivals based on your friends list. Also incorporating speed trials based off of your friends list with the speed traps is cool too, which is right out of Paradise City.

One other thing, which arcade racer gives you 200 fully modeled cars with cockpit views and gearbox out of the box? Then add the overly priced season pass to add even more vehicles, this is a nice overall package.

I felt like there was something missing, but with this being a demo, I can't quite put my finger on it. I think the addition of cops would of been cool, but that could be in Horizon 2. I still want to see NFS:MW, but to me that game from all the videos I have seen is a re-skinned Paradise City considering how much time I spent playing it single player and with many friends off of OS.

Do we know if there is any kind of replay engine for this game? This would be awesome if there was one.
You got another 360? Please re-add me!! I thougth you were out of the 360 market for good LOL Always good to have more friends to compete with for this game!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
You got another 360? Please re-add me!! I thougth you were out of the 360 market for good LOL Always good to have more friends to compete with for this game!
Yeah I did this past weekend. Give me credit, i haven't had a 360 since last December. I had PS3 network issues a few weeks ago for 2 weeks, so it really was irritating when you have downloads taking 100,000 minutes on a 30mb connection.

I'll add you.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 10-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 10-10-2012 at 04:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »