Home

NBA 2K13 Sets Franchise First Week Sales Record

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Sets Franchise First Week Sales Record within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K13 Sets Franchise First Week Sales Record

2K Sports’ top-rated and top-selling basketball simulation experiences 49 percent increase over NBA 2K11

2K Sports today announced franchise record-setting sales of NBA 2K13, the latest iteration in the top-selling and top-rated basketball simulation series*. In its first week of sales, NBA 2K13 sold-through 49 percent more copies than the franchise’s previous fastest-seller, NBA 2K11**. This record-shattering growth is due in part to the expanding global popularity of the NBA 2K brand, which accounted for a 66 percent increase in international sales as compared with NBA 2K11**.

Fans have flocked online to experience NBA 2K13 action with their friends, and the number of online users has more than doubled from last year’s NBA 2K12. In addition, the number of played online games has also grown exponentially, as NBA 2K13 has experienced a 127 percent increase over last year’s totals**.

NBA 2K13, the latest successful launch from the acclaimed basketball franchise, recently received a perfect 10/10 score from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, who said that the game’s improvements “elevates 2K13 beyond mere annual greatness and into hall-of-fame consideration.” NBA 2K13 also received 9.1/10 score from IGN, who declared it “amazing,” and “obviously one of the best hoops games out there.”

“Our early sales figures are a validation of our ongoing efforts to push this franchise to new heights,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We owe it to our great fans to continually improve our title - year in and year out - and that’s exactly what we’ve done with NBA 2K13.”

This year, 2K Sports joined forces with music icon JAY Z, who served as the game’s Executive Producer. JAY Z personally curated the game’s soundtrack and visual feel of the game, and played an instrumental role in securing the 1992 “Dream Team” for this year’s game. NBA 2K13 also introduces the all-new Control Stick, giving players more control than ever before.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is now available for the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version of the title will be available in North America when the console launches on November 18. It will be available outside of North America around the international console launch on Friday, November 30.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Sets Franchise First Week Sales Record

THE BEST SIM EVER... GOAT
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

wow very impressive game and it deserves all its glory and record breaking achievements
IMO sports game of the year/best sports game ever

waiting to see what Vc can do with the upcoming generation of consoles!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
What a difference a game makes...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I know there sure was a lot more people at my Gamestop this year for midnight pick up. When 2k12 came out I left the house at 11:05 to go pick it up and got to the Gamestop about 11:35 and I was the 4th person in line.

This year with 2k13 much of the same except I was A LOT farther back. It was crazy!
Good deal though. Glad to see 2k doing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
being a huge Tar heel fan, its just dope to see one of my favorite heels in the photo.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
I figured, I've never seen the line so long for a NBA 2k midnight release before...you can tell the games popularity has really picked up..
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

The pre-order ASG package did its job. Simple like that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »