Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

We'd love to hear your top 3 likes and dislikes about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13. Any and all items listed will be noted and brought to the upcoming Community Event for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14, via CoreySA.

Please use the following template.

3 Likes
  • What
  • You
3 Dislikes
  • What
  • You
  • Dislike
As always, thanks for participating.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

3 Likes
  • Online Country Clubs
  • Pitching and chipping game is more realistic
  • The Total Swing Control concept... (execution leaves something to be desired)
3 Dislikes
  • The lack of a rhythm component in Total Swing Control. There's still an inertialess, twitchy tempo required for full shots that cheapen's the swing model.
  • Lack of camera configuration options. I don't like the Follow-cam we are forced to use in Live Tournaments, and the True-Aim camera needs to have some shift to a downrange camera at the user's discretion options. I'd like to hold the True-Aim perspective for 75%of the ball's flight, then switch to a panning, downrange camera the rest of the way.
  • Live Tournaments are experientially "dead" in Tiger 13. We need more "live" atmosphere. We need hole by hole, real time scoring updates, summaries of how others who've already played the hole scored on it, the option to play along with the recorded round of a player who's played the round before you. We could play with recorded rounds of others with Gamernet, why not live tournaments. We should be able to play Live Tournaments in multiplayer groups in our Online Country Clubs.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 10-15-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4

Here is my personal top 3 'likes' and 'dislikes' --

Likes -

1. Country Club: Although it still lacked a lot of much needed features and more social integration, it was a great starting point. Hope to see this expanded on in Tiger 14.

2. Swing Mechanic (non putting): Though I question the putting meter that was chosen, the rest of the mechanic was a solid re-boot. Again, I'd like to see an expansion of this feature for 14 including a better putting meter and more sensitivity on harder difficulty levels.

3. Coin System: I know I might be in the minority, but I thought the coin system was great for users who played a ton and allowed for access to DLC courses. While I'd like to see it scaled to allow for more free plays on DLC courses, I know many people who got every DLC course for free - that's a pretty cool step if you ask me.

Dislikes -

1. Putting Meter: Ugh, not much positive to say about it. Didn't work for some camera angles at all and was over-sensitive. Usually I'm ok with a spike in sensitivity, but putting in real golf requires a balanced pendulum swing - something not replicated with the new meter. Hope to see an overhaul in this department.

2. Lack of Online Features: While every other sports title is giving us online franchises and careers, Tiger is still behind the trend here. We need Online Career mode. This would add a ton of replayability to the title.

3. Not enough world courses: It's great that they added even more courses but I'd like to start seeing more world courses - UK, Canadian...Can we finally get a Collector's Edition that includes all of the courses?! I'd love to see a $79 2 disc set that gave me all of the courses at a discount.

EA SPORTS Game Changer
Post-Game Podcast Founder & Co-host
Bay Area Sports & Euro Footie Enthusiast

Twitter -- @CoreySA
XBL: CoreySA
PSN: CAndress
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

1.) The new swing mechanism - I love how forgiving it is at lower levels, but how it punishes you at the higher levels. Also overhitting the shot is a great touch, so that making perfect contact all the more paramount. As of now, it feels just about right.

2.) The Coin System- Yes, I have gotten a bunch of free courses by just playing the game, but I wanted Atlanta Athletic Club, so I just bought it. I felt that it gave the players options and I enjoyed just playing the game to get coins.

3.) Course Mastery System - This time, it feels perfect and by playing the game long enough, you can master the course, instead of the crazy things you had to do on Tiger 12.

Dislikes

1.) Career Mode - The Career mode overall is good, but the lack of playoff holes kinda kills the vibe. Also major tournaments don't really feel that way too me. They just feel like another tournament. I wanna feel the electricity of playing at a major with roaring crowds. In addition, the return of the USGA liscence and the rules of golf and seeking the PGA of America liscence for the PGA championship would both be nice touches in the game. Also President's cup and Ryder Cup modes would be nice to have again.

2.) Hazard Play - Hitting the ball into the rough, bunker and anywhere off line should be more of a penalty. Even if I strike the ball perfect, there should be snap hooks and double cross shots based on the lie I have. Make me pay for bad shots.

3.) Collector's Edition - as said above, I would love a collector's edition with every course offered instead of having to download some of my favorites every year. That, or somehow allow us to use courses used in previous years in newer editions.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
1.) The new swing mechanism - I love how forgiving it is at lower levels, but how it punishes you at the higher levels. Also overhitting the shot is a great touch, so that making perfect contact all the more paramount. As of now, it feels just about right.

2.) The Coin System- Yes, I have gotten a bunch of free courses by just playing the game, but I wanted Atlanta Athletic Club, so I just bought it. I felt that it gave the players options and I enjoyed just playing the game to get coins.

3.) Course Mastery System - This time, it feels perfect and by playing the game long enough, you can master the course, instead of the crazy things you had to do on Tiger 12.

Dislikes

1.) Career Mode - The Career mode overall is good, but the lack of playoff holes kinda kills the vibe. Also major tournaments don't really feel that way too me. They just feel like another tournament. I wanna feel the electricity of playing at a major with roaring crowds. In addition, the return of the USGA liscence and the rules of golf and seeking the PGA of America liscence for the PGA championship would both be nice touches in the game. Also President's cup and Ryder Cup modes would be nice to have again.

2.) Hazard Play - Hitting the ball into the rough, bunker and anywhere off line should be more of a penalty. Even if I strike the ball perfect, there should be snap hooks and double cross shots based on the lie I have. Make me pay for bad shots.

3.) Collector's Edition - as said above, I would love a collector's edition with every course offered instead of having to download some of my favorites every year. That, or somehow allow us to use courses used in previous years in newer editions.
To clear up DLC transfers - the reason DLC can't, and my guess will never be, brought over to next year's title is due to the fact that each year those DLC packs go through coding changes and other various upgrades. For instance - in Tiger 13, the dev team worked hard to properly scale the courses and objects/backgrounds to mimic more real to life sizes. In old Tigers the fans were all around 4ft. tall if scaled to real proportions.

What I'm saying is that as soon as you change one part of a DLC course then it's pretty much new. So if they improved graphics in Tiger 14 at all then only choice they have is to upgrade DLC courses or keep them exactly the same as last year which I'm sure people would complain about if graphics weren't uniform throughout the entire title.

The only hope is to find some type of workaround. I thought the coins were a great start last year. I think this year it would be nice to somehow offer a discounted download to those of us who constantly buy each course every season. If we got a bigger discount through Season Ticket or a Collector's Edition which bundled all courses together discounted at retail on a separate disc would be a huge benefit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
To clear up DLC transfers - the reason DLC can't, and my guess will never be, brought over to next year's title is due to the fact that each year those DLC packs go through coding changes and other various upgrades. For instance - in Tiger 13, the dev team worked hard to properly scale the courses and objects/backgrounds to mimic more real to life sizes. In old Tigers the fans were all around 4ft. tall if scaled to real proportions.

What I'm saying is that as soon as you change one part of a DLC course then it's pretty much new. So if they improved graphics in Tiger 14 at all then only choice they have is to upgrade DLC courses or keep them exactly the same as last year which I'm sure people would complain about if graphics weren't uniform throughout the entire title.

The only hope is to find some type of workaround. I thought the coins were a great start last year. I think this year it would be nice to somehow offer a discounted download to those of us who constantly buy each course every season. If we got a bigger discount through Season Ticket or a Collector's Edition which bundled all courses together discounted at retail on a separate disc would be a huge benefit.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just looking for a solution to that issue. I know I probably pay 40-50 bucks a year on DLC courses, even after buying the Collector's Edition the past two years. I love the game that much, but I can't help but feel that I'm getting jilted by payin for the same course the past 3 years. LOL. I'm paying 120 bucks for the game for the all the content now. Plus, I play more on the DLC courses than I do the ones on the standard edition. I'd rather just pay 80-90 bucks in one swoop with multiple discs on Xbox and be done with it. Trust if the game is good, people who want it, won't mind the mutiple discs. See L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 10-15-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just looking for a solution to that issue. I know I probably pay 40-50 bucks a year on DLC courses, even after buying the Collector's Edition the past two years. I love the game that much, but I can't help but feel that I'm getting jilted by payin for the same course the past 3 years. LOL. I'm paying 120 bucks for the game for the all the content now. Plus, I play more on the DLC courses than I do the ones on the standard edition. I'd rather just pay 80-90 bucks in one swoop with multiple discs on Xbox and be done with it. Trust if the game is good, people who want it, won't mind the mutiple discs. See L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3.
Yeah man I hear you. I've bought all DLC every year so I feel your pain. My saving grace last year was the fact that I have Season Ticket so I got the 20% off each course which was nice. I'm still in full support of a 'all DLC courses' Collector's Edition though. I know I've already mentioned that to Tiger's Community Manager so hopefully it's been passed along.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Pro

huntt26's Arena

** FYI - I'm a hardcore sports gamer, but a casual Tiger player. I love the game, but I primarily bought it to golf with Kinect

3 Likes
1) Kinect Golfing
2) Online Country Clubs
3) Course Mastery System

3 Dislikes
1) Menu design for Kinect - just doesn't work well, I always picked up my controller until I was on the course
2) Putting - the concept is good, but it's just not as precise as I'd like
3) Add in fun mini-games like are in the Tiger challenge to earn XP and just mess around (especially with Kinect)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »