Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DLC Available Now - Roster Update, New Online Game Modes

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DLC Available Now - Roster Update, New Online Game Modes within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DLC Available Now - Roster Update, New Online Game Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Well Konami never stated what aspects they tuned & changed.

But after 12 or so games online and about 6 offline I've found these ones, and had a good friend who's been playing draw similar if not identical conclusions:
  • AI defensive pressure and awareness increased.
  • Refs more lenient in allowing physicality from defenders
  • Defensive jostling and marking tightened up -- this is a direct counter the constant through ball spamming.*
  • More diversity from CPU teams in offline with the ball. Backheels, bicycle kicks, slower build up play etc ... They are scoring some nice goals.
  • A general upgrade and improvement in hardness on all levels (offline).**
  • Goalkeepers have improved. You can still tell an elite goalie from a good one from a bad one. But the gap isn't so significant as to with a bad goalie, any shot on goal can score while he ball watches it dribble into the net.
  • Passing has tightened up. The long looping long passes now reach their destination quicker and more accurately, allowing you to actually switch attack with success.
  • I have noticed a lot more midfield battling. More interceptions, smarter AI blocking passing lanes. The CPU & User pass% now in my games regularly reads in the 60-70%, where before it was regularly in the 80's.

There would have to be more too. It seems everytime I play I'm seeing a new animation of a bicycle kick in general play -- ie a defender clearing a pass or shot on goal with a diving header etc

*You still see through balls, especially if you leave your defenders too high up the pitch, and so you should. But the the thru balls inside the final 3rd of the pitch have dried up as defenders now can jostle and slow down the attacking players for enough time to call a help defender in to dispose them of the ball.

** I was playing SS level with Southampton and I was a mid table team. Won, drew & lost roughly the same amount of games. Now I struggle to win on top player. I just lost 5-0 in a ML game with the original players to Motherwall on Top Player. That's never happened in 40 odd games -- me losing 5- nil.
Great post, appreciate the attention to detail.

I played an offline match last night, so also seeing much better gameplay, as you mention. The game was amazing day-1, but this really had me on the edge of my seat. The biggest piece for me was the AI improvements for more realism. Once the data pack is available on 360 this is going to be even more amazing!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DLC Available Now - Roster Update, New Online Game Mode

This update, impressions thread, and overall reviews have sold me. I will be buying my first soccer game ever. Now, I need to read the articles OS did on soccer.

Last edited by Sausage; 10-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

So is the DP working now or not ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
So is the DP working now or not ?
Yes it is.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Yes it is.
The PES website still claims that the DataPack is NOT available for 360, can anyone confirm?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The PES website still claims that the DataPack is NOT available for 360, can anyone confirm?
As far as I know that is true but it because of MS I believe.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Confirmed. I was just online and couldn't pull the new data pack. I have my fingers crossed this will be available tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Confirmed. I was just online and couldn't pull the new data pack. I have my fingers crossed this will be available tomorrow.
Still nothing today.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »