Home

OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'll comment after they add defense into the game...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please quit hating on EA, thought this was a sports gaming site all i ever read madden this madden that. People lie the numbers won't. Sound kinda salty EA did'nt send u guys a free copy like ronnie
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Banned

2k pays you guys a grip huh:-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand?

"The question is, where will 2K13 stand after the patch".

- A wise man from OS.

For me, 2K13 is right there at the top. When I first played 2K3 (that was the first 2K I played...later also played 2K2), I was amazed! It was the most amazing basketball game I had ever played back then. I got the same feeling when I played 2K13 (the full product. The demo was fun, but not even close to playing the real thing) for the first time.

Sure there are issues, but every other 2K (or basketball title) had/has/will have issues. The game is amazing, either way.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Keni Glover: I applauded NBA 2K12 for having one of the best AI's in any sports game. Funny in my player i was the pg and couldn't get cpu teammate tyson chandler to pass me the ball as he sat at the top of the key. Where's kush when u need them.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #14
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think we're just about on the same wavelength. And to be completely certain, by no means do I believe my squabbles with VC/Jay-Z and constantly having to be online ruin the game by any stretch of the imagination. Instead, I think they provided just enough annoyance to prevent me from attaining that feeling of, "Ah yes, video game perfection!"

It'll sound so nitpicky and minor, but if manual save still existed, if the presentation remained cleaner, if my MyPlayer wasn't being paid in bushels of coins (that necessitate 10 times my rookie salary to buy a shirt), if shoes weren't so difficult to edit for home and away colors, and if I didn't have to be connected online at all times in order to fully experience offline modes, I'd probably call this game close to perfect. I suppose the good news is I don't have a ton of gameplay issues.

Overall, I've had issues with non gameplay aspects of 2K in the past, but I'm not sure they directly impacted me as much as they do this year (aside from not being able to trade legends until buying DLC last year, that was pretty rough for me).
Yep I think we're on the same wave length as well. And to be honest Jay Z doesn't bother me as much I thought it would its just the pregame intros featuring footage from his videos that really bug me.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 16
Way to early to tell. You have to wait until at least the all star break to judge an NBA 2k game.

This is silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
Way to early to tell. You have to wait until at least the all star break to judge an NBA 2k game.

This is silly.
Why wait all the way till then? I'm thinking most of these comments are based on the product we have now in front of us. I'd also say most likely Dec would be the best time to give them game a final look over seeing as it'd be all patched up by then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »