Home

Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

It looks like the Madden NFL 13 title update #3 change log has been edited.

According to the official website, changing offensive and defensive schemes in offline CCM is available now, but online CCM will get a patch on the 19th.

This was nowhere to be found, when title update #3 details were released on October 3rd.

To avoid any confusion, I wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

Quote:
Changing Schemes in Offline Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach. (Coming to Online Connected Careers on October 19th)

If you're interested in reading impressions of Madden NFL 13 title update #3, click here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

Should be noted that you have to start a new CCM for these to take affect.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1deadpanda
Are you sure? I remember the EA Community guys saying that you won't have to start a new CCM for the patch, except for position changes.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

I saw where the guy in the impression thread said that the @EAMaddenNFL account on Twitter told him we'd have to restart for this to work.

However, I went back and looked up that account's history from the last few hours, and I think it's apparent that the account tweeted out some misinformation. It replied to several tweets saying that CCMs would have to be started fresh for the patch to work, and that's obviously not the case. I think whoever is running that account just had some bad information.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
so is the title update for october 16th that was planned now pushed to october 19th?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak10
so is the title update for october 16th that was planned now pushed to october 19th?
nvm i see its out now! cool sorry for the double posting.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wplatham
I saw where the guy in the impression thread said that the @EAMaddenNFL account on Twitter told him we'd have to restart for this to work.

However, I went back and looked up that account's history from the last few hours, and I think it's apparent that the account tweeted out some misinformation. It replied to several tweets saying that CCMs would have to be started fresh for the patch to work, and that's obviously not the case. I think whoever is running that account just had some bad information.
I'm too deep into my offline CCM to restart, but I can tell you that the schemes dont change with existing created coaches, you "can" change them but as soon as you exit the scheme screen they revert back.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Quote:
I'm too deep into my offline CCM to restart, but I can tell you that the schemes dont change with existing created coaches, you "can" change them but as soon as you exit the scheme screen they revert back.
Let me clarify, as I did some tweaking in a test Offline CCM just a little while ago.

Here's what you can change whenever you want:
Offensive & defensive schemes

Here's what you can't change once you've created your coach:
Default playbook for offense/defense

The later doesn't appear to be a HUGE deal because you can always change which playbook you're using before starting a game. Kind of a pain in the ***, yes, but still you can work around it.

In the test Offline CCM I was messing with, my schemes were saving just fine. Not sure what you're talking about there. I trust that it'll work the same way for Online CCM's (of which, I'm in my 6th season so yeah, not restarting), once the Online CCM update drops on 10/19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »