Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
Large variety of Courses
Physics
Visuals

Dislikes:

Lack of a deep mode for Offline Multiplayers
Needs more Licensed Pros
Would like to see Licensed Tournaments for all Game Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13
Like:
- DLC courses individually buyable with in-game money; my big fear was having to pay $5-$10 for a set of courses just to get one, so being able to earn it through a ton of play or shortcutting my way into buying it outright was really nice.
- Course Mastery & sponsor goals is really interesting; motivates me to play "realistically" (i.e. I'll drive a big dogleg to the fairway and be 150y from the green if I'm going for max FIRs, whereas without it I would always cut the corner & take a rough/bunker shot from ~25y instead)
- VIsuals. Maybe it's because I skipped quite a few iterations but this looks phenomenal.

Dislikes:
- Difficulty tuning in career mode. It seems like Hard aims for a -9 finish for the CPU, but Very Hard is aiming for -18. I'd like to see more personal tuning for this so I can constantly tune the CPU to play around my scoring range; as it is now shooting around a -10 puts you either winning every tournament on Hard or barely getting in the top 50 on Very Hard.
- Swing meter on short swings. If I'm aiming at 50% power for a PW, a "full-power" shot should default me to that 50% power, rather than letting me hit the ball twice as hard as I want to with 100% aim-defying power. It would make it easier, sure, but who realistically bombs a 25y flop shot 50+y back into the fairway?
- Get rid of the "warps"; what I mean is if you hit the ball into a lie where your golfer can't realistically hit it via the available animations, the game will warp the ball to a location where it can come up with a swing for you. If that means your ball in the bunker warps back into the rough, so be it! I want to struggle with those ridiculous under-the-lip shots I earned, not be handed a superior lie.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

-putting
-chipping
-graphics

Dislike

-its almost like the game is on training wheels, you can technically get through a round with a decent score, without even having to switch clubs once or move your aiming marker - it does it all for you and makes the game very straight forward.
-driving and long irons are WAY too accurate..FIR% should not be in the 80s and 90s - again making the game feel too easy

That is all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

-DLC content brilliantly implemented. In-game money that can be earned was a great idea and hope to see this become a mainstay in the series.
-Course Visuals are incredible.
-Course Mastery. Think that has already been driven home by a few of the previous posters. Great way to motivate players to play "sim" golf.

Dislikes:

-Swing Animations all are pretty poor. Seems to be no force behind the shot. As if they are swinging at 30% all the time. Also, none of the swings represent their real life counterpart. Not even Tiger's looks anything like real life.
-Presentation leaves alot to be desired. Would like to a more TV broadcast centered presentation. Seems like they are caught in the middle between trying to make it seem like it's on TV and you're on the course. Would like to see pre-shot routines, practice swings before addressing the ball, players grabbing grass to check the wind direction etc. Also get rid of the players standing like zombies before you select your shot. Looks bad.
-Sound. This also ties in with presentation. More player specific crowd chants and cheers. Bigger pops for making a putt if the tournament is close etc. Also ball striking sounds need much improvement and I think the sound of the ball hitting the trees has been in since about 2005.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1
-Swing mechanic, chipping has now given the game an element of finesse that is difficult to master.
-Country Clubs, love the weekly bonuses for being an active member in the club over the course of a week.
-Love the course mastery mechanic and the ability to earn DLC courses by playing the game. (Although the courses should be available in your career if you have purchased rounds.)

Dislike:
-In career, no computer guys ever drop a stroke on the leaderboard thus removing the illusion that you are actually playing against a field. If I see a guy on the leaderboard at "amen corner," I would think that he would drop at least one stroke.
-Better online lobbies that show inportant information up front like what level the game is being played on and are pins allowed? I'm a tour pro player and it' would be nice to have a lobby for just tour pro players that want to play a game.
-Pull back the distance you can drive balls as when it gets to the mid three's it gets a bit rediculous. If you want to git to the 350's you should ahve to rely on the rolls. The warping balls needs to go. I've seen pretty tame shots into a bunker get pulled out. Rough needs to be more of a penalty (Although I like the fact that you need to adjust your club to hit it flush)
Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

Course variety and quality in collector's edition. It was nice that they weeded out the Fantasy courses.

Realistic AI scores on Tour Pro Level

Career Mode. The priogression felt right to me in this year's game (although I'm not a really skilled gamer)

Dislikes:
Weather Effects Too Pronounced. Wind velocities a too high, too much rain in Dubai.

Weather Did Not Effect AI Players. While my golfer is fighting adverse conditions the AI scores were the same as when the weather was perfect.

Driving Too Easy. Still a bit too forgiving, although this can be tuned by using inferior equipment. Miss the club tuner.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
Just started!

OVR: 0
Top 3 likes

1. Core game mechanics (swing mechanics)
2. amount of courses
3. Country clubs

Top 3 dislikes

1. Glitches (no flag unacceptable, old glitches around for yrs)
2. Too many modes online and ability to see what swing type your playing (keep it simple, prefferably 2 modes online)
3. Pins..get rid of them or at least get rid of shot preview and calm the wind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0
3 Likes

•The concept of the country clubs, although basing them on status points near enough ruined the online gaming this year. As the team games, alt shot and fourball gave you nothing or hardly anything and a lot of people would only set. The country clubs need to be based on handicaps, and win/loss/draw ratios of all members like real golf clubs.

•The microphones finally fixed on ps3 at last.

•The graphics and swing were pretty good.

3 Dislikes

•The glitches, oh my word, never have I seen so many in a game that is meant to have been quality tested. The landing glitches and drops out or into bunkers, or right back over water are just terrible.

•The chipping, I only play tournament level, as hard as you can no grid, super fast and windy as hell, and it is sooooo easy to chip in, everyone does it, there needs to be some random, error ikn the hitting.

•The dumbing down of difficulty, I recently went back to play tiger 10 and even the caddie love fest that was tiger 12, and the difficulty and hitting is far more real, feeling, I hit my shot as perfect as I can, but there is a little push in there, or a slight natural draw/fade. I loved that, tiger 13 removed near enough all of this. I hope it gets looked at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »