Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
LIKES (XBox360)

1. GameFace
2. Graphics
3. Kinect (before update messed it up

DISLIKES

1. Kinect after update messed it up
2 FREEZES
3.FREEZES
Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - List Your Top 3 Likes and Dislikes

This thread has been linked in the official Tiger Woods forum by one of the developers, so they are paying attention. It's worth your time to weigh in on this!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
This thread has been linked in the official Tiger Woods forum by one of the developers, so they are paying attention. It's worth your time to weigh in on this!
TW13 is less than 6 months away so at this point the new features have already been decided and are being programmed. Maybe a few little features could be added but nothing major could be added at this late date.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
TW13 is less than 6 months away so at this point the new features have already been decided and are being programmed. Maybe a few little features could be added but nothing major could be added at this late date.
Very true... there's still hope for some refinements though. I really think they need to do something to help the game's atmosphere feel more live.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Very true... there's still hope for some refinements though. I really think they need to do something to help the game's atmosphere feel more live.
Well one of these years it should occur to them to give us an authentic career mode because that what gives a game replayability. All other sports games have an above average presentation and always strive to improve that and thier career mode every year but for some reason the TW devs see that as a low priority. The career mode and especially the presentation have actually regressed the last couple of years.

If they advertize some inane new Tiger mode (the only way I play a Tiger story mode is if it's some kind of Leisure Suit Larry thing) as the first big feature this year then you know there will be minimal improvements to career and presentation again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Well one of these years it should occur to them to give us an authentic career mode because that what gives a game replayability. All other sports games have an above average presentation and always strive to improve that and thier career mode every year but for some reason the TW devs see that as a low priority. The career mode and especially the presentation have actually regressed the last couple of years.

If they advertize some inane new Tiger mode (the only way I play a Tiger story mode is if it's some kind of Leisure Suit Larry thing) as the first big feature this year then you know there will be minimal improvements to career and presentation again this year.
This may be the first year they can finally really put emphasis on presentation IMHO. Every year, it seemed they were changing the swing mechanism and te putting mechanism and I believe they finally hit a sweet spot that made most people happy. While they may refine it, they probably won't have to spend so much time on gameplay and focus on things like Career mode and athmosphere which have been severely lacking.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 10-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
This may be the first year they can finally really put emphasis on presentation IMHO. Every year, it seemed they were changing the swing mechanism and te putting mechanism and I believe they finally hit a sweet spot that made most people happy. While they may refine it, they probably won't have to spend so much time on gameplay and focus on things like Career mode and athmosphere which have been severely lacking.
Based on past experience and the way they waste resources on juvenile features, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Just started!

OVR: 0
1) The MOVE implementation on the PS3 is terrific. It really feels like a proper golf swing is required to play well.The putting especially is tough but very well done. Please don't change a thing with the MOVE!
2) Coin system - able to get all sorts of free stuff or buy it outright if you want to. Having the choice is good.
3) Graphics and course rendering are great (bring back Harbor Town!)

Dislikes:
1) The mystery drops - hitting it into a bunker should leave me in a bunker, same with the rough. The worst is missing green by a few yards then being dropped 100 yds away on a down slope. Unacceptable - we should have the choice of where to drop the ball if hit into a hazard like real golf and move it on the tee box as well.
2) Pins - I understand the revenue stream where pins are concerned, everybody wants to make money. They ruin the integrity of tournaments however. How can it be a fair fight if I have no previews and my opponent may have as many as 9? That's not golf. If pins are here to stay then I suggest any tournament tour-pro level and higher are no pins period. Go nuts with the AM and Pro modes, but leave Tour Pro and Tournament for those who want a proper golf experience.
3) Random freezing - I know there are lost of issues (hardware, internet connections, bugs) that effect gameplay but the freezing of the consoles (PS3 and XBox) is very annoying and looks really bad on EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »