Home

NBA 2K13 - New York Knicks Home and Away Uniforms Have Been Updated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 - New York Knicks Home and Away Uniforms Have Been Updated within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K13 - New York Knicks Home and Away Uniforms Have Been Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Even though I don't know what they fixed (suspicion seems to be the collar), I still think it's pretty cool. That kind of update screen seems to insinuate we may be seeing more update notices like that, perhaps both from more jerseys and perhaps court designs.
I hope it goes also toward player appreances...I mean its not a HUGE matter but it would be cool
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Funny that the fixed collar still has the shape of the previous V neck one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
pretty cool, still hoping for another roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Even though I don't know what they fixed (suspicion seems to be the collar), I still think it's pretty cool. That kind of update screen seems to insinuate we may be seeing more update notices like that, perhaps both from more jerseys and perhaps court designs.

eh i learned not to get to optimistic when it comes to that.. for years you see something promising from 2k, but then never see it again... dont expect too much of this, especially when the away jerseys are still obviouslly off
Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think as far as jersey design/color, it's not that they are unable to make them exactly the way they look, or don't have a trained eye, but I think they can't as far as copyright stuff per the NBA. For instance, the vintage Pistons #'s were more separated and the names on the back of the jersey were straight across (but on 2k13's version the #'s are scrunched together and the names are at an arc), the vintage Celtics socks had thin green stripes (not thick ones), vintage team court designs, (L.A. in particular are totally off in color and design), color palettes and designs of certain other NBA teams jerseys and courts past and present. So again, I don't think it's lack of attention to detail, I think it's a copyright or other legal matter. I think they have to make certain elements of team courts and uniforms different as to stay within legal bounds. I don't know this for sure, just speculating.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

yee im thinking the league wont allow them to use a darker blue

cuz their retro jerseys have the right blue because it reflected the colors of the logo from that era...

guess its not so simple with this one
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
I think as far as jersey design/color, it's not that they are unable to make them exactly the way they look, or don't have a trained eye, but I think they can't as far as copyright stuff per the NBA. For instance, the vintage Pistons #'s were more separated and the names on the back of the jersey were straight across (but on 2k13's version the #'s are scrunched together and the names are at an arc), the vintage Celtics socks had thin green stripes (not thick ones), vintage team court designs, (L.A. in particular are totally off in color and design), color palettes and designs of certain other NBA teams jerseys and courts past and present. So again, I don't think it's lack of attention to detail, I think it's a copyright or other legal matter. I think they have to make certain elements of team courts and uniforms different as to stay within legal bounds. I don't know this for sure, just speculating.
That's what the NBA license is for. The right to replicate courts, jerseys etc. It's not a copyright issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

Smh half *** update. The jerseys still look sky blue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »