Home

NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

Competition is good. It holds game developers accountable, inspires new ideas and forces companies to push the envelope year after year. NBA 2K has long been one of my favorite franchises due to my love for basketball, and by extension simulation basketball videogames. As good as it has been however, the series can get a lot better. Though NBA 2K lacks significant competition in its own niche at the time, there is plenty of competition in the genre of sports gaming as a whole.

Borrowing ideas from other sports games (some of their own), and implementing them in the context of NBA 2K, produced the popular My Career mode (via MLB the Show) and the exciting addition of Signature Skills (via All Pro Football). What are some other aspects NBA 2K can borrow to create a better experience? I have a few ideas.

Read More - NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

My Crib - NFL 2K5... that would be EPIC

Even could go based on salary (if they get rid of VC), and do like I believe Madden 07, 08 or 09 where you start off in a small apartment and as you work your way up, you get a condo, then a house. Would be fun for myplayer.

Oh and gameface - Madden 12

EDIT: Also, I think the first person cam would be extremely fun for myplayer, taking another page from ESPN NFL 2K5's camera where you were inside the player helmet.

Last edited by d11king; 10-25-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I presume two things. One make a deeper association by adding ticket prices, food prices, etc. Kinda like MVP Baseball 2005 did, a manager aspect to the association if you will

Also, ESPN interface like it used to have in 2k2-2k5. That would be sweet. Like EA has tried to do with their unrealeased NBA titles.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Would be nice if the nba 2k series added a search function like mlb the show where you could search for games with preferred settings.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I got a simple one. Analog passing from Madden. The addition of user controlled bounce passes was sweet. Pressure sensitive passing has to be the next step.

Lay up lines / pre-game shoot around & pre-game/season & halftime shows both sound nice too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Bring back Pre-Game intros...dim the lights(& Allow custom tracks) and prep the smoke and flames(from the backboards)...

And perhaps allow a pre-game shoot around/lay up drill while commentators talk about the matchups and any other game info
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd like to see the return of actual faces for drafted rookies (borrow the idea from Madden). It destroys the realism when we have artsy faces and silhouettes.

2K used to have real faces for rookies but for some reason (most likely laziness) they don't have that anymore.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
everything said here is exactly how I feel. They need to do all of this

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »