Home

Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

Everyone plays Madden differently. Some people enjoy a good ground game, others like to air-it-out. Others (and you know who you are) run around with a QB like RGIII or Michael Vick and you chuck it long at much and as often as possible.

I still have nightmares of Michael Vick led Atlanta Falcons offenses from the 'Golden Age' of Madden on the PS2.

As for me, I enjoy running a very West Coast style of offense -- with a conservative passing game while relying upon the run to grind a game out as much as possible. I value a QB with a good short and medium passing game moreso than a QB who has the arm to really stretch a defense. I'm definitely a 50/50 guy when it comes to run/pass ratio.

Sound off: So what about you? What is your offensive style in Madden NFL 13? Is anyone trying something truly unique?
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Gangnam style
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Depends on team I'm using I try to play like they do in real life. I also take the opponent i'm playing if human into account..

I like to air it out and run a few times depending on RB i have. If i have a good/great rb i will balance my playcall more to give them more touches.

If not i will pass on you until you shut it down or give me wide open running lanes up the middle with ur play calling in which I will audible to run until you pick a play that requires me to pass or gives me and advantage in my pre snap read.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

I try to use the real-life team's style just for realism's sake.

My own personal preference is to use lots of I form (regular, strong, and weak), heavy single back sets, and minimal shotgun. I like to run a lot and take shots downfield (basically the late Al Davis's Raiders).

Aside from the Raiders' book, which books are good for this style of play?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
LOL you used a picture of the jets when talking about offense. I see what you did there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

I prefer a QB with 80+ speed though I rarely scramble. It just gives me that secure feeling that I can of I need too.

I run a horizontal passing game. In/Out, Drags, and Flats are my specialties. Occasionally I choose deep posts like Bench & Smash on long yard situations.

As for running, I prefer Stretch & Power plays where I have a lead blocker. A HB that can also run up the middle is a plus too.

I'd say my ratio is about 25/35 run/pass per game give or take.

My favorite teams to play with are the Seahawks, Dolphins, and Redskins.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Bad. I lean on the ground game as I'm a bad passer. I like two TE sets and the I-formation for my running plays. I still like to pass and would love to be able to lead an explosive offense but I stink at that.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
I like pro style,, don't like players that just air it out,.cause the way video game football is setup passing is easier,..don't like the way nfl is throwing 45 plus times a game..but the way it is now,.nfl keep changing the rules that's all times will do is pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »