Home

The History of Sega Sports

This is a discussion on The History of Sega Sports within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The History of Sega Sports

The guys over at Sega-16 have written an incredible piece on the history of the Sega Sports brand from it's origins before the Genesis right up through the present day of sorts.

Quote:
"Despite all the doom saying that filled the gaming industry regarding the future of Sega Enterprises, the slow and painful decline of the Saturn in the U.S. the all-too-quick arrival and departure of the Dreamcast, and the reality that there would never again be a Sega-made home gaming console; there was one aspect of the company’s business that was slowly and steadily growing at a phenomenal rate. Despite some missteps, one brand would become so successful that it would go on to produce virtually half of Sega’s entire profit revenue by 2003 – a full three years after the House of Sonic abandoned the console market for good.

That brand was Sega Sports.

This piece is quite long but serves as an effective historical anthology for SEGA Sports. From how the brand came to be, to how it flourished, to how it effectively died when the whole division was shipped off to Take Two. Be sure to give it a read.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4
it was a good read. I was always a sega fan growing up, I had a genesis, dreamcast, just found my old game gear in a storage container. Ahh, the memories
Old 11-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: The History of Sega Sports

WATCH ESPN TV!!Florida State vs Maryland Live Streaming Online PC TV Video Free,Florida State vs Maryland Live Match Highlights Also online, 2012 NCAA College Football Instant Streaming Internet TV Here, GivingFlorida State vs Maryland Satellite TV broadcast Online Today, Enjoy Florida State vs Maryland Live Online Video Coverage Right Now, Find National Football League Live Online HD TV Links, Must Watch NCAA Football Live Online Now, SEE Florida State vs Maryland Online TV Channels Here, [ ESP2-ESP3-BTN-BTN2-SPNY-BGEN-SCPV-ESGP-SECN-ACCN-AUBP-FLAP-ALPV-TMTN-TWEP-CBS-FSN-ABC-ESPNROOT-FCS-VERS-FSN-FCS-CBSS-FOX-WACN-OCTW ]
<>
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Banned

cctv's Arena

OVR: 7

Can somebody please tell me why I cannot post a new thread? I need to ask some questions about 2k13..thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks to you posts!

Last edited by newliulummohome; 12-08-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »