Home

Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

Just to put it out there... there is typically more promotional information on covers, so that is likely not the final version that will be out. It could go either way, but I would think Augusta's success so far in the game would lend to it still being there....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Rookie

GhostWriter99's Arena

OVR: 3

This is from the Best Buy Web Site

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14: The Masters Historic Edition

Synopsis
You're getting ready to tee up on the 18th hole. You glance up at the leaderboard and see what used to be a four-stroke lead has been diminished to one. Your years of practice and discipline have taken you this far — too far to let nerves get in the way now. Just relax, play your game, and you'll be wearing that green jacket in no time.

Hit the links with golf legends and modern-day pros, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler, and experience some of the world's most celebrated courses like Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass. Feel the pressure of making that perfect shot thanks to huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions that add to the intense experience of real tournament golf, and play through varying types of weather that reflect the real-time conditions of the course. Get off the couch and become a part of the action with Kinect support that allows controller-free and voice-enabled controls that provide a unique and immersive gameplay experience.
Features

• Take on the world's greatest golfers on some of the most beloved courses on your way to the Masters Tournament in the latest iteration of the best-selling golf video game franchise
  • Play as or against more than 20 pros from past to present, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler
  • Step onto some of the world's most beloved golf courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass, as you work your way up the leaderboard
  • Feel excitement on every swing as huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course provide the intense, realistic experience of real tournament golf
  • Experience dynamic in-game weather conditions powered by the Weather Channel that are affected by the real weather of the course you are playing
  • Swing like a pro thanks to Kinect compatibility that offers controller-free and voice-enabled controls to provide a unique, immersive round of virtual golf (Kinect sensor not included)
  • For 1 to 4 players offline or 1 to 24 players online
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I hope so because I to would not buy it if Augusta is no longer included. I just bought 13 anyway so, it is still pretty new to me.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Cool. However, they'd have to completely revamp this game in its entirety to get me to buy it. Either that, or allow me to carry over my downloaded courses. I got them all last year, and I know EA will force me to buy them again for TW14. So, if nothing major changes, other than a new course here or there, or a new golfer I can use.. that I'll never use... I probably won't be buying.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
Someone on the EA Board also noted the absence of The Masters on the cover and got this response from an EA moderator:

"While I can't confirm or deny if August National is still in the game, EA will be commenting on it very soon....."

Well that's not very promising. If Augusta's out that's an extra 60 bucks that'll be staying in my pocket next year.
Then you'll spend that $60 next year to get Augusta, only to see something else important taken out. Remember, this IS EA we're talking about. I can't stop laughing so hard at the comments of those who say "I'll just wait until next year". That has to be right up there with the "only thing missing is the shoes" (in a sports game where the gameplay sucks).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWriter99
This is from the Best Buy Web Site

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14: The Masters Historic Edition

Synopsis
You're getting ready to tee up on the 18th hole. You glance up at the leaderboard and see what used to be a four-stroke lead has been diminished to one. Your years of practice and discipline have taken you this far — too far to let nerves get in the way now. Just relax, play your game, and you'll be wearing that green jacket in no time.

Hit the links with golf legends and modern-day pros, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler, and experience some of the world's most celebrated courses like Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass. Feel the pressure of making that perfect shot thanks to huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions that add to the intense experience of real tournament golf, and play through varying types of weather that reflect the real-time conditions of the course. Get off the couch and become a part of the action with Kinect support that allows controller-free and voice-enabled controls that provide a unique and immersive gameplay experience.
Features

• Take on the world's greatest golfers on some of the most beloved courses on your way to the Masters Tournament in the latest iteration of the best-selling golf video game franchise
  • Play as or against more than 20 pros from past to present, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler
  • Step onto some of the world's most beloved golf courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass, as you work your way up the leaderboard
  • Feel excitement on every swing as huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course provide the intense, realistic experience of real tournament golf
  • Experience dynamic in-game weather conditions powered by the Weather Channel that are affected by the real weather of the course you are playing
  • Swing like a pro thanks to Kinect compatibility that offers controller-free and voice-enabled controls to provide a unique, immersive round of virtual golf (Kinect sensor not included)
  • For 1 to 4 players offline or 1 to 24 players online
Great find. While I may have bought the game regardless, having this edition and a Master's challenge makes it a must buy for me then. Its gonna be fun trying to redo Bubba Watson's shot at 10 in the playoff at Augusta from this year.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I just hope the figure out away to get playoffs (back) in, been saying that for a lifetime it seems. There excuse of not having all the pros in the game doesn't fly with me. They had playoffs in the game in the first (maybe first 2) iteration on the 360 and, the way it was implemented back then was just fine IMO. They need to bring it back!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #24
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I wish they would get rid of cover athletes entirely. Of course, I wish we got a PGA Tour game instead of a Tiger Woods game. Maybe then it wouldn't basically be a create a superstar game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »