Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Yes!!!! And the racing experience gets even better....
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by walhalla
Yes!!!! And the racing experience gets even better....
Well, that's what we are certainly hoping for . I hope Dave and his team can deliver the goods on this patch.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Really looking forward to this patch. Could make the game almost perfect for me

Sent from my GT-P3113

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Posted today by Dave at Eutechnyx from the patch thread at their forum:

"Since late last week, the patch has been with Activision Q/A for extensive testing to ensure that it not only meets with the requirements of Sony and Microsoft but that all of the fixes have been validated and no new issues have been introduced.

Yesterday, around 6 issues we're flagged as been present varying for new problems to a couple of bugs which would have meant Sony and Microsoft wouldn't have approved the patch. We expect to have the issues resolved today and then a full test sweep will begin again over at Activision.

We know this news if far from ideal, however I'm sure you'll appreciated the lengths we are going to to ensure that all the above fixes work and no new issues are introduced. As soon as the patch is submitted, I'll publish an update here.

We really appreciate your patience, thank you."

http://forums.nascarthegame.com/thre...-Updated-12-13

I was expecting at least on minor setback in this process, but there is still a snowball's chance in hell this patch gets to us before the New Year.

Realistically, I'm thinking by the first or second week of January.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Im ok with a little bit of delay, as long as they get it right. Many companies rush a patch and either not completely fix what they set out to fix, or fix one thing only to break another. Im 100% on board with them fully testing the patch and making sure its done right.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Im ok with a little bit of delay, as long as they get it right. Many companies rush a patch and either not completely fix what they set out to fix, or fix one thing only to break another. Im 100% on board with them fully testing the patch and making sure its done right.

I think most people would be ok waiting a little while for the patch if they get it right, but the problem is last year we waited months for the patch and it didn't fix things.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like the game to a point. I say this with all due respect to the people who made it. I can't program so who am I to say what can and can't be done. I do give leeway being only the second release in the Nascar foray. Saying that, here are the issues I have.

Both in this years and last years, green flag pit stops are a guaranteed yellow flag. It seems like something that would have been found in testing. I feel they work too much on the graphics of the garage and extra game styles instead of focusing on the racing part of the game. I would be more than happy to have a so-so main menu and have the racing top-knotch. Not saying that the racing is over all badly done. They did a hell of a job with the graphics on the actually racing. Very realistic.

Along the lines of the green pit stop yellows are the wrecks you are involved in. They cut way too short. If I am spinning in the infield, should have a chance to save it from either hitting the wall or sliding up the track. The wrecks need to finish themselves before the cut to caution. Not saying that so I can see more carnage, I am saying that because there is a chance of other cars getting involved or being able to dodge the wreck as it is happening. Give the option to go to yellow if players choose to, but leave the wreck go until the last car stops spinning, flipping, etc.

Here is a wish list: give each driver ratings that you can see being implemented during the race. For example, Kurt Busch. I want to see him drive like a crazy by cutting people off, getting them loose in a turn, etc. Have some drivers blow engines more than others due to their driving style. Another example is Harry Gant form back in the day. The guy was a whiz at fuel economy. Have ratings for pit crew. Say one tire changer is faster than another. A Crew chief may make a drivers engine give more hp, but handling might go down. Have crew chiefs able to suggest changes during the race. It might not always be the correct change and make the chances of having bad/good changes dependent on a rating. Make it like other sport games that have Franchise mode. Let you be the owner of the team. Hire and fire who you want. Hire a driver if you don't want to drive. I play the Franchise mode in every sport game I play. I love having to hire/fire within a budget and having other teams get better or worse year to year. Just like real life, the more you win, the more you can spend. This would also have drivers, pit crewman changing teams. Wow, kind of went off on a rant. Sorry. Do not mean any of this in a negative light. Just stating my issues and "dreams" (for lack of a better word). Wish all well. Looking forward to the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #16
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut4free
I like the game to a point. I say this with all due respect to the people who made it. I can't program so who am I to say what can and can't be done. I do give leeway being only the second release in the Nascar foray. Saying that, here are the issues I have.

Both in this years and last years, green flag pit stops are a guaranteed yellow flag. It seems like something that would have been found in testing. I feel they work too much on the graphics of the garage and extra game styles instead of focusing on the racing part of the game. I would be more than happy to have a so-so main menu and have the racing top-knotch. Not saying that the racing is over all badly done. They did a hell of a job with the graphics on the actually racing. Very realistic.

Along the lines of the green pit stop yellows are the wrecks you are involved in. They cut way too short. If I am spinning in the infield, should have a chance to save it from either hitting the wall or sliding up the track. The wrecks need to finish themselves before the cut to caution. Not saying that so I can see more carnage, I am saying that because there is a chance of other cars getting involved or being able to dodge the wreck as it is happening. Give the option to go to yellow if players choose to, but leave the wreck go until the last car stops spinning, flipping, etc.

Here is a wish list: give each driver ratings that you can see being implemented during the race. For example, Kurt Busch. I want to see him drive like a crazy by cutting people off, getting them loose in a turn, etc. Have some drivers blow engines more than others due to their driving style. Another example is Harry Gant form back in the day. The guy was a whiz at fuel economy. Have ratings for pit crew. Say one tire changer is faster than another. A Crew chief may make a drivers engine give more hp, but handling might go down. Have crew chiefs able to suggest changes during the race. It might not always be the correct change and make the chances of having bad/good changes dependent on a rating. Make it like other sport games that have Franchise mode. Let you be the owner of the team. Hire and fire who you want. Hire a driver if you don't want to drive. I play the Franchise mode in every sport game I play. I love having to hire/fire within a budget and having other teams get better or worse year to year. Just like real life, the more you win, the more you can spend. This would also have drivers, pit crewman changing teams. Wow, kind of went off on a rant. Sorry. Do not mean any of this in a negative light. Just stating my issues and "dreams" (for lack of a better word). Wish all well. Looking forward to the patch.

I agree with you on some things, but green flag stops don't mean cautions are gonna come out. It seems like it, but I have had several races go caution free. I don't think the cautions cut off to soon either, well once in a while, but usually if it is a big wreck it plays through.

One thing I wish they would do is stop worrying about all the extra crap in games, not just this game but other games as well. I'm talking about like replaying past races and unlocking tokens that do nothing for you. Maybe if they would do things like that then they could do the things you suggest, which I agree with, that would be awesome, but they spend to much time on the other crap.I know some people like it and they play through it, but imagine what the game could be if they didn't worry about that stuff.

Like Madden moments in Madden, which I don't even know if they have anymore, but if you did away with that and used that time towards franchise mode, or online play, or team builder, which 99% of the people buy it for anyways, imagine the kind of game that could be.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »