Home

MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
No word on that new lighting engine that was promised for 2013? Last year they postponed it due to Vita release.
Highly doubt you are getting a new lighting engine.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Highly doubt you are getting a new lighting engine.
until PS4.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I have no problem with this feature being added. I personally will not use it at all. However, I know from experience that in the beginning this game can be incredibly difficult. Think about when any of us first started playing video games. I was about 6 or 7 with the first Nintendo then got a Playstation when I was 8. No way in hell I could ever play The Show at 8 years old. I was lucky enough to be good at Triple Play 97 and NHL 98. The Show can't just cater to us hardcore baseball guys. They now have to think about catering a little bit to a younger population because it's the only baseball game on the market and they have the potential to make a lot of money because of it. They need to jump on the opportunity. Does this mean the game will become less sim? Not at all. Does it mean they can add a mode for beginners to get a feel for things? Ya for sure. They aren't ruining the game because of it. In fact this may be great for everyone because if it attracts even 100 more people to the game, that means more money that can be put into the development of it.

Also as far as this mode being a waste of time, that can't really be said without knowing what goes on inside the development. They have different department inside who work on different things. It's not like all of the developers dropped what they were doing and began working on this beginner mode. It's just like any other company that has a financing department, development department, HR department, etc. Obviously The Show's departments are different. People tend to forget about things like this.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Reading the article, I still don't get the reason behind this. Even the author doubts it's inclusion. From his description, it sounds to me like handholding combined with the batting practice mode that's already in the game. In fact, I hope it doesn't actually replace it and remove the batting/pitching practice modes that already exist.

In short, I don't think there was really a need for this. You need help with hitting? Then goto batting practice and work it out there. This sounds more like some marketing weenie dictating what gets put into a game rather than sound judgement.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Reading the article, I still don't get the reason behind this. Even the author doubts it's inclusion. From his description, it sounds to me like handholding combined with the batting practice mode that's already in the game. In fact, I hope it doesn't actually replace it and remove the batting/pitching practice modes that already exist.

In short, I don't think there was really a need for this. You need help with hitting? Then goto batting practice and work it out there. This sounds more like some marketing weenie dictating what gets put into a game rather than sound judgement.

That "marketing weenie" was a minor league baseball player.....and is the senior producer of the game.
I'm not sure why you can't wrap your head around the fact that most NEW players to the game say the hitting is too hard.
This was added to help newcomers and hopefully KEEP those newcomers playing the game(as they get better like all of you guys responding about this)...you know in order to grow the user base for the game.
This isn't an entirely new mode...but a new level of difficulty for the game.

Yikes.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Furthermore, video game stocks are eating a **** sandwich right now; they need all of the casual gamers that they can get. If this helps people get into the swing of the Show, then by all means it's a great thing. It's no skin off of your back if you think you master the game.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2
Im not expecting big changes this year with the show as can be seen in screenshots and this beginner mode. Could the PS4 version already be in development?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Im not expecting big changes this year with the show as can be seen in screenshots and this beginner mode. Could the PS4 version already be in development?
Yep, but there will definitely be some solid improvements this year. They never release the goodies first

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »