Home

Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover

This is a discussion on Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

It's gotta be Cutch or Posey. Cutch is a good choice to say hey, this is a serious baseball game. Posey is popular and can do something that Cabrera can't do--play defense.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Actually, that video wasn't up when I posted. That, or it didn't load up on my page at all. I was at my school when I posted earlier, so go figure. Plus, I was probably too busy working on my little cross-controller idea.

But what I saw was a ball trail and a new HRD camera angle (seeing it from the batter's point of view). I like the camera because it kind of leaves you in suspense. I don't know if I like the ball trail at all, but if there is an option to turn it off, we're all good. It looked like they were hitting a multi-colored ball, too. You could even recognize the spin more, which was kind of legit. They have the Posey stride and follow-through as well.

I'm not sure what it is, but honestly I think it stems from the fact that everybody loved him before he proved himself (at least in front of them). Yeah, he showed us something, but he never proved himself. That makes it blind love, and I don't care for blind love. Probably the same reason I wasn't the biggest J.T. Snow fan. He could field, but in the later years as a Giant, that was it. Now I've watched and loved Posey since FSU, so my love kind of "went away" when everyone else jumped on his bandwagon. At least he's proven now.

I'm like that with many things, though. If we already know that someone is a highlight good player, I like to look around and find other things that are equally as good, if not better... or just become a fan of something else in general. It's like when a band releases a CD with a few singles; yeah, everyone has and loves the singles. Let's find the other hidden gems on that album that are worth loving.

EDIT: Totally realized you were talking about Kemp, not Posey haha. Well... I like some of the Dodgers players, even though I don't like the team. I like other teams less though (Cubs and Yankees, and A's before Moneyball). Anyway, I was just referring to the west coast love that is needed around here.
LOL, yeah I was referring to giving any kind of props to the Dodgers organization. My wife is from SF and I swear she genuinely hates everything LA! That being said, you can imagine the World Series was NOT a good time for me in our house

And the video breakdown comment, I was speaking in general, not specifically to you. Even tho I know you are most thorough in your observations, lol.

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2

YouTube

Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Since it's now confirmed I'll have no biased choice to vote for, guess I'll actually have to decide between the list of guys as to who to vote for.

For sure I won't vote for CC.

I'm thinking maybe vote for McCutchen.

It wasn't announced until end of January that Bautista would be on cover of MLB12 in Canada, so makes me think it'd be around similar time again this year if there is Canadian cover.

Since they're having voting, I wouldn't mind voting for MLB13 cover in Canada. Options should be Lawrie,Reyes,Dickey,Johnson. No Bautista since he was on MLB12 already.
Or maybe Joey Votto!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 46

i guess th pics are the shots that will be used for the cover boy.

The CC would look nice.
Also, wouldn't he be the first pitcher to adorn the cover?

I'll vote for him.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Cutch22!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #22
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Did Posey always have name on back of batting helmet??

Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Yes, the Giants have always had names on the batting helmets.

Mets too, on the bill.

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2

YouTube

Old 12-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #24
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Ugh, going to be a tough choice. It will either be Cabrera or Cutch for me. Anyone have a coin?

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »