Home

PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

This is a discussion on PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

I contributed, and am hoping it makes it, but it doesn't look good.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
This Kickstarter campaign might be telling us something about the supposed PC Golf market that I keep hearing everyone talk about.....not looking good if it is taking this long to get to $300K which is a pittance in Development funding for a top notch game of any substance. I hope they reach their goal....
I suspect that you are right Tim. I think part of the problem facing Perfect Parallel is there have been so many browser based golf games that have been released for the PC that the user base has conditioned to thinking they're getting golf games "free". There may not be a large enough market to foot the bill for a project of this magnitude. As low as my hopes were for this game to get a push, I have to admit that I'm shocked at the low level of support this Kickstarter campaign has received.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not saying it will make it's goal but people only hear about the KS projects that bust their goals right out of the window like Wasteland, Double Fine, Project Eternity.

As someone who has backed many projects that looked like they had no chance with only 5 days left to see them make it I wouldn't rule this out yet.

In general launching a KS over the holidays is a bad idea though. They also need to get mentioned by some of the major gaming sites that cover more than sports.

Also just to clear something up from above. You don't get charged until it makes its goal but you are in no way guaranteed of getting a product for it. It says so in the KS terms so its worth noting.

I have backed a dozen KS projects and not once have I gotten nothing, but it will happen eventually.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
They also need to get mentioned by some of the major gaming sites that cover more than sports.
Gamespot now has a page up with information about Perfect Golf.

Does sound promising. A game with TW08 PC style gameplay, updated graphics, online play and a course architect would be a dream come true. I really hope they are able to get enough funding to finish/release the game. I'll certainly be backing it.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

These guys making the game are awesome. Already pledged and I was the one who created the last thread about Perfect Golf. Just keep spreading the word. It would be great to get them featured on an IGN or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Graphics look incredible, but what about animations, gameplay?

Have their been any videos showcasing those? Or just this tech demo?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Graphics look incredible, but what about animations, gameplay?

Have their been any videos showcasing those? Or just this tech demo?
That's why I haven't pledged yet. Custom Play Golf and Prostroke golf for example. Great scenery in both - but terrible swinging animations and ball dynamics. I didn't like the white trail line either.

Unlike the football department, we have a choice other than TW - unfortunately none have really come close to overtaking the game.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

They posted an update 2 days ago showing the course designer which looks slick and said another would be coming showing a hole being played.

Honestly they need to be way more active if they want any hope of funding their KS. I've backed a lot of KS and this is by far the one with the least amount of interaction from the team behind it.

It's almost like they have realized they won't make their goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »