Home

The Next NBA 2K13 Roster Update Arrives Tomorrow Morning, January 5th

This is a discussion on The Next NBA 2K13 Roster Update Arrives Tomorrow Morning, January 5th within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Next NBA 2K13 Roster Update Arrives Tomorrow Morning, January 5th

I really hope no one's holding their breath for anyone else getting touched. I'm surprised they're even doing this many players.

Anyone saying Carmelo needs a boost is a fanboy. He's the same player, with less assists, on a better team. Jason Kidd, Chandler and (I hate to say it but) JR Smith are the main reasons that team is as good as it is. Melo is still the same, overrated player. No D, bad shot selection, ball stopper.

Ed Davis needs an upgrade though. Bargnani needs a decrease. Jose needs an edit, as does DeMar, Fields (too high), Pietrus (too high), Ross, Kleiza... basically the entire Raptors roster.

This is the same with almost every non-glamour team in the NBA. Stop editing the same teams and stars and start paying attention to the ENTIRE league. I'm really getting sick of 2K crapping on us with these terrible, half-assed roster updates.

And FFS, get rid of the injuries. No one wants them. No one wanted them years ago, no one wants them now. They should be used STRICTLY for NBA Today Associations and that's it. It's not rocket science.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

J.J Hickson anyone?

He's averaging 11 PPG and 11 RPG in only 29 mins... he's top 5 in double doubles and is doing this all at 6'9

He's only a 73 OVR (not that I really care) but he has a pedestrian 80 Offensive rebound and a 73 Defensive rebound rating.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 01-05-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelb
I really hope no one's holding their breath for anyone else getting touched. I'm surprised they're even doing this many players.

Anyone saying Carmelo needs a boost is a fanboy. He's the same player, with less assists, on a better team. Jason Kidd, Chandler and (I hate to say it but) JR Smith are the main reasons that team is as good as it is. Melo is still the same, overrated player. No D, bad shot selection, ball stopper.
U need to watch a knick game before u post nonsense like that. Carmelo is the main reason the knicks are winning.

They need to reverse j.r. Mid ranger and three. His mid ranged should be in the 90s while his three is a low 80s. Up his defense and rebounding

Last edited by diehardknicksfan; 01-04-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
You are obviously a GENIUS reading your "eloquent" post...

I'm not comparing myself to them...I'm comparing them to other NBA players...and in comparison, they are overrated scrubs.

Come back when you learn English...

Uh...he's really not.

If you are judging ONLY by points per game, then I guess...but that's not the only stat and not very accurate.

PER 36 minutes, he is averaging about 2 points more than last year...but he's
taking 2.5 MORE SHOTS....thus the difference.

His rebounding numbers are SLIGHTLY better...but basically the same. Again, this isn't "rebounds per game" because minutes played effects those numbers.

Most of his numbers are just like last year...his USAGE Rate is the biggest difference...and his Assist % is up as he is becoming more of a playmaker.

But his shooting %'s are actually down slightly...As a whole.

He is basically the SAME player...just more minutes and more SHOTS. Because Danny Granger is hurt.
haha so i have to have perfect grammar to post on here gtfoh at least i dont post little lines like you.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by InthePaint
If he is MORE of a playmaker isnt that better than last year?
Sightly...but let's wait and see....because something tells me the BUMP Paul George gets does nothing to his PASS rating.

It will reflect his slightly higher scoring average which is nothing more than a factor of him playing 7 more minutes per game and taking 2.5 more shots per game.

Oh...and his rebound ratings will probably go up too...even though his rebound rates are the same as last year, but his per game averages are increased....again because he is playing more MINUTES.

The only changes offensively he should get are to his usage tendancy and maybe some passing.

Now if you want to BOOST his defensive ratings...I have no argument there. He is 6th in Defensive Rating and 1st in the League in Defensive Win Shares.

Maybe 2K will prove me WRONG and we will see a boost to Paul George ONLY in defense and passing...I doubt it.

The sad truth is the Pacer who really NEEDS the ratings BOOST is George Hill, not Paul George.

Hill is 18th in the NBA in Win Shares yet still ranked lower in Overall than two teammates having HORRIBLE seasons, DJ Augustin and Gerald Green.

Green wins the award for MOST OVERRATED player in this year's game, as 2K gave him shooting ratings that rival those of some of the BEST shooters in the NBA.

Combine that with his dunk, layup, and speed ratings and he is an ELITE player in this game...

All for a guy with a PER of 8.2!!!!!

Meanwhile, players like George Hill and Tiago Splitter are given abysmal ratings because the people who work for 2K don't see their highlights on SportsCenter like Gerald Green's.

Apparently, 2K wants to put the advanced metric stats in the game...it just doesn't want to actually USE them to determine player ratings.

Any game where Wesley Johnson and Gerald Green are two of the most unstoppable players clearly doesn't have a grasp on the REALITY of the NBA.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Dwight's post game needs to nerfed
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #31
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm so tired of 2k constantly giving updates for teams like New York, Brooklyn, both L.A. teams, Boston, OKC, Miami, etc. while overlooking teams like Portland, Utah, Golden State, Toronto, Minnesota, and Phoenix.

After one good game, if a guy is on one of the popular teams, he'll get an upgrade in the next update. However, look at guys like Larry Sanders, Gordon Hayward, Ed Davis, and JJ Hickson. It's bull****. These guys have been playing great this year. Hayward was killin' it last year, and still no update. They have him at a 68, which is below Raja freaking Bell and Alec Burks.

Read all of Batum Shaka Laka's posts about Hickson. The dude is overachieving this year and he still gets no love.

Larry Sanders is finally getting updated, but I doubt it will be anything extreme. However, if he played for a team like Brooklyn, they'd update him in a couple days right after a great performance.

The joys of being a fan of a small-market team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #32
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

Funny most of the post are more of debating about player's rating.

To add up, melo is just great now but will be back to his old ways come playoff time. So no need for boost.

Paul george is slowly becoming the face of the pacers and i guarantee he will be a star someday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »