Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

TAKE DOWN GOLF’S GREATEST LEGENDS IN TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14

Check out more Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshots, right here. Just in case you missed the trailer yesterday, check it out here.

Rewrite Majors History by Defeating Golf Icons Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and a Host of Others on the World’s Most Famous Golf Courses

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.

Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship. The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.

“This year’s edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books,” said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. “Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world’s most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”

Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
  • More Championship Courses – Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc - a total of 20 courses.
  • Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
  • Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
  • Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
  • Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
  • Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
  • Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
  • Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

Played the hell out of 13, so much so I got all the DLC courses for free, but got sick of the load times on PS3 between holes. Will get the legendary edition on day 1 for 360 this time and install it. If they tightened up the short game and fixed how easy it was to hit the fairway the game could be super.

I'll join the OS 360 club this year, that way you guys will have a chance to beat me in golf, cause in real life, well, you'll be in trouble
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Rookie

muleyman's Arena

OVR: 2
most of those features are repackaged from older games. promoted as new .Ahhh ea will you ever stop this crap ever?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman
most of those features are repackaged from older games. promoted as new .Ahhh ea will you ever stop this crap ever?

No they aren't ......
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman
What the hell are you talking about?????

Anyway, I can't contain my giddiness for this game. LPGA tour, all four majors, custom swings, Major Challenges, Night Golf, historical equipment and presentation packages and we are still 10 weeks from release and knowing more. All I need is changes to putting and President's Cup and I'm set.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 01-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Night golf and time of day were in '05 for the PS2 and legends were in '06. I know because I played the **** out of those games. Game looks great and Oak Hill looks spot on. Can't wait to see more.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Night golf and time of day were in '05 for the PS2 and legends were in '06. I know because I played the **** out of those games. Game looks great and Oak Hill looks spot on. Can't wait to see more.

Legends were just slapped in the game in 2005 and there was nothing you could do with them. We have to match their achievements and challenges through a separate mode that also has historically accurate presentation packages and historically accurate equipment. Night golf also has real time weather through the weather channel. I get people hate EA and for the most part they are right, but Jeez give the Tiger people their due this time.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

FINALLY, they actually have Majors in this game.

I might actually give it a whirl this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »