Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

I could care less about the majors, if the presentation still sucks and the animations still look like limp noodles hitting a golf ball.

Not once has a TW game made me feel immersed in the tournament atmosphere that I feel when watching on TV. Going into next gen and they STILL haven't figured it out.

I'm sure we will hear more, but if this is the "big announcement" then it looks like another year of not buying this game.

Last edited by JODYE; 01-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

Stay tuned for more announcements from EA ...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm excited - they actually had Seve. The swings were spot on too; love it. I'm feeling good about this. If EA has an emphasis on the 4 majors, then something in the presentation department will be addressed - it just has to be. Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Hopefully we will be able to have the majors rotate again or pick which courses we would want to use for the majors (sans Augusta, obviously).

The PC versions are showing their age, but the career mode editor from back in the day in 06, was such a great addition to the game. With all of the courses available, you could really have fairly realistic season calendars setup. I know the console is another beast, but career mode is my cup of tea, so hopefully that mode has improved leaps and bounds.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just hope they have a better presentation (as previously mentioned) and golf swings that look different from player to player. Tiger and Rory do not have identical swings... they shouldn't in this game.

Also, the "limp noodles" comment before was spot on! That's exactly what they look like!! They can render each individual grass blade, but they can't make a tucked in (or untucked for that matter) shirt look natural!

They should have an option (that you can skip if you want) that allows a TV presentation-like feel where they cut away to show highlights from the previous round, who is currently out there on the golf course, etc. It feels too much like a video game. I want to be immersed.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #14
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

Are there going to be any changes to the swing and putting controls? I rather enjoyed the putting last year so I hope they don't change anything.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #15
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

this could have the potential of being the best game game i have ever played, although golf is one of my favorite sports, but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

OVR: 0

All 4 majors are in!!! This is the only reason I havent got the game in years!! Will you be able to compete for all 4 in my career mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »