Home

NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round

Yeah the fight is fixed, none of this voting stuff really counts, ND will win and Manti Teo will get the cover, he was Heisman finalist, had an incredible year and is a senior. The actual Heisman winner will not make the cover. Kenjon Barner will not be the cover athlete when half the country only knows about De'Anthony Thomas. EA tries once again to make us feel like we are apart of the gaming process. That's pure lies, how long have people been complaining about dreads and now their finally in.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Rookie

ehovUOfan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Yeah the fight is fixed, none of this voting stuff really counts, ND will win and Manti Teo will get the cover, he was Heisman finalist, had an incredible year and is a senior. The actual Heisman winner will not make the cover. Kenjon Barner will not be the cover athlete when half the country only knows about De'Anthony Thomas. EA tries once again to make us feel like we are apart of the gaming process. That's pure lies, how long have people been complaining about dreads and now their finally in.
And they're not going to put a player on the cover who'll still be playing in college next season. They always wind up putting a player who'll be playing at the next level, due to marketing and NCAA eligibility factors.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Almost as bad as ESPN's Contest that they ran a few months ago that gave a scholarship or something to a school. Penn State was winning and then out of no where, every team in the Top 5 dropped out of the Top 15 after apparently losing votes.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
Putting a Penn State player on the cover would be marketing suicide for EA. They are my favorite team so i voted for them, and they honestly have great candidates in Mike Mauti (an AA) and Gerald Hodges (an AA by some sources) and both will succeed in the NFL. But like i said, putting a PSU player on the cover even if they were in the lead would never happen seeing EA's past. But i guess well see.

How would it be marketing suicide? Those players had nothing to do with Sandusky. I would not have an issue with a Penn State player on the cover. It won't happen because even though they had a good season, no bowl, no real marquee players so putting a PSU player on wouldn't be the beneficial. EA is trying to act like the consumer makes a difference but we don't, just buy our game no matter what.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24

Typical EA...
Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0
Heck with putting any players on the cover,........Change the NAME of the Game all together!!!!!!!!!!! NCAA & MADDEN.....NCAA 14 & MADDEN 14 is so OLD,. It makes me NOT want to even buy another year of the games, & i have bought both of them from back in the day,.. PLEASE EA think bout a NAME change..MADDEN is gone so should the Name...
Hate me or not,. But im really SICK of it,. Look!!!! what just a name change did for 2K Sports and thats all they did was a name change....
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
How would it be marketing suicide? Those players had nothing to do with Sandusky. I would not have an issue with a Penn State player on the cover. It won't happen because even though they had a good season, no bowl, no real marquee players so putting a PSU player on wouldn't be the beneficial. EA is trying to act like the consumer makes a difference but we don't, just buy our game no matter what.
Even though those players had nothing to do with it, the average American sees Penn State in a very clouded state now. During the trial, many of my co-workers felt Penn State should have lost their football program all together and blamed the University as well as Sandusky.

We may know better, but the average buyer likely doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Rookie

This Is Michigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Manti Te'o is your next cover, the voting has never mattered in EA polls for anything.
Who? Did he even play last night? Did any of nd's team?

Jacking my team's player ratings up since 2003.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »