Home

MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Good to know that "The Show" got some competition again...
It does ? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
There better be a PC version......

Also graphics better be overhauled to surpass the competition, and back up to par with 2k7.

Need realistic faces HD so forth, no more of that cartoon look with them pastel colors.....

Bring it 2ksports you got my money...
I'd probably faint if that happened.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is a lot of speculation there but I bet some of it is valid. Time will tell, if the game drops and the Astros are still in the NL we know we are in trouble! LOL
Haha!

I get why the game gets a bad rap. It was in major disarray for so many years.
And now with this very late announcement pronouncing the release of 2K13, I can certainly understand why he came up with that opinion.

But I find it funny that he fully admits to being dead-wrong about there even being a 2K13 (weren't most of us ), but won't consider that he could also be wrong that this game has received more time and effort than simply updated rosters and moving the Astros to the AL?

Time will tell. But for now, I'm just super geeked that we'll get another year of 2K baseball.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #84
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm sure it will at least be a little more than a simple roster update. But people need to realize this was probably something that wasn't a sure thing for the developers. I doubt 2k would have VC working on the game without knowing for sure the game would be released. So we have to cut them some slack this year.

And good for MLB wanting to make a deal with 2k. Glad they were smart enough to realize not having a game on the dominant console would be a mistake. I am sure MLB intends to extend this deal into the next-gen as well.

So whether you are a fan of this game or not, this is great for sports gaming. In a genre that's dying, a game came back from the dead. ZOMBIE MLB 2K13!

And please leave the Show out of the thread. Thanks
I have faith in 2K for this to be more than just a roster update. I think essentially we will get 2K12 with all the bugs fixed, rosters updated, realignment, and maybe a few other tweaks with no new features. It just stinks they are going to charge $60 if true, but if you only have the 360 its your only choice as it looks like there is no PC version this year.

If that twitter comment is true, that this is a one year deal to hold everyone over till next gen...........is new consoles out this fall and is there a new player in town to carry that baseball torch from 2K into 2014 baseball season.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
I have faith in 2K for this to be more than just a roster update. I think essentially we will get 2K12 with all the bugs fixed, rosters updated, realignment, and maybe a few other tweaks with no new features. It just stinks they are going to charge $60 if true, but if you only have the 360 its your only choice as it looks like there is no PC version this year.

If that twitter comment is true, that this is a one year deal to hold everyone over till next gen...........is new consoles out this fall and is there a new player in town to carry that baseball torch from 2K into 2014 baseball season.
I fear from what I have read on here that it seems that MLB hasn't learned its lesson and could strike an exclusivity deal with another developer. I hope that I am wrong and that we are reading too much into a tweet, but I long for the days of having multiple baseball games to choose from. I have very fond memories of ASB2004, MVP 2005, and MLB 06 The Show. I do not say this to knock 2K baseball (which I like and enjoy) just to show that many competing companies is a good thing not a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Different strokes. I've tried playing The Show. Several times. And to me, it's nearly unplayable, while 2K11 and 2K12 have been a lot of fun, and more than just 'playable'.

In the Show the pitch speeds are way too fast, even at 0 (Russel admits that the majority of people they test the game on, have said so as well).
It's incredibly difficult to pick up on what pitch is being delivered, and the CPU is very good even at low levels.
I'm sure several Show fans will say "Wow, this guy stinks if he thinks that way".
Yes, I stink. And I know that practice would help.
But here's the thing. I'm nearly 40, have a wife, 2 active kids, and a 50-hour work week. I have maybe 5 to 6 hours of game playing time during the week.
I don't feel it should be necessary to put in 60 hours in a game in order to enjoy it, or be good at it.
With 2K, I can. Right away.
With Hitters Eye, a higher slider scale and lower settings that are truly easy, I can pick up and play immediately.

The Show deserves it's accolades. But I don't think words like 'unplayable' are warranted with 2k11 or 2K12. Both were very good games that many have enjoyed.
Pitch speed too fast? I'm 61 years old and play the game on default speed. 5.

Last edited by lhslancers; 01-09-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Haha!

I get why the game gets a bad rap. It was in major disarray for so many years.
And now with this very late announcement pronouncing the release of 2K13, I can certainly understand why he came up with that opinion.

But I find it funny that he fully admits to being dead-wrong about there even being a 2K13 (weren't most of us ), but won't consider that he could also be wrong that this game has received more time and effort than simply updated rosters and moving the Astros to the AL?

Time will tell. But for now, I'm just super geeked that we'll get another year of 2K baseball.
"if we see anything more than a re-skinned MLB 2K12, I will be even more surprised than I was this morning."

Try reading it again. No matter how you'd like to spin it, this sentence isn't definitive.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #88
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I hope with this being the last title on the 360 and PS3 until the next consoles.....

That 2k listened to our cries and request in the forums.....

Especially by boosting the graphics and hopefully maxing out the consoles specs....

Even if they go back to the art style of MLB 2k7 which had the best graphics in the series....

(MLB 2k7 Screenshots Taken Today)

Would love to see them get back on this level......

Can't wait to see some footage and hope it's more than a roster upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »