Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Insider video of DD 2.0

That ejection really intrigues me. I do not believe that I have ever seen any ejection besides the one at first base (which only happens on rare occasions). Maybe SECA added more ejection animations! Fingers crossed!

Padres / Angels / Ducks / Clippers / 49ers
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
That's disappointing not gonna like the way it looks at all hopefully I will like the way mechanic works better though..
The first time I saw it I thought it was a little odd. After using it a few times and being able to successfully pull the bat back I got used to it. Just happy bunting is not all or nothing anymore.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The first time I saw it I thought it was a little odd. After using it a few times and being able to successfully pull the bat back I got used to it. Just happy bunting is not all or nothing anymore.
I imagine if you focus on the batter's hand as the ball goes over the plate you line up the bat pretty easily.

Last edited by liberaluser; 01-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPadres2012
That ejection really intrigues me. I do not believe that I have ever seen any ejection besides the one at first base (which only happens on rare occasions). Maybe SECA added more ejection animations! Fingers crossed!
I believe that is where the pitcher gets ejected for beaning too many batters. Slightly different animation but similar scene. In the future, it'd be nice if they added in more variations to the ejection scenes...if they are allowed. They can still be random since I don't think mlb will give us control at the moment, but different situations and different people (manager, player, etc.).
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #21
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0

While im on the DD topic why can we not take the team we create n use them in franchise? I only looked at this feature one day in MLB12 n will not touch it this year at all jus wish they would have used the resources n memory they used on this mode for a true create team meaning stadium uniforms name then taking it n replacing current MLB team in franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
While im on the DD topic why can we not take the team we create n use them in franchise? I only looked at this feature one day in MLB12 n will not touch it this year at all jus wish they would have used the resources n memory they used on this mode for a true create team meaning stadium uniforms name then taking it n replacing current MLB team in franchise.

We need a stand alone Create a team mode
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
I think the cover is a bit bland... but that was besides the point. Thanks for the video.

Youre welcome. I like the baseball texture of the cover. It looks like theres a real baseball on it rather than half a seam and some big ole splotch of color.
Not bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Not gonna lie, Nick sounds like he is stoned out of his mind lol

Anyone notice any goodies? Too lazy to look for them myself...

Edit:

Well, I decided to look through the vid again... There are a couple of things that stood out to me:

1. The new PCI covers a good chunk off the plate. The underlying feature here is that it should be much easier to make solid contact on pitches thrown outside the zone

2. Assuming the game is being played with default sliders, pitch speed looks pretty slow, and that curveball was a lollipop curve, aka a bad one. Hopefully the spin tightens up with an increase in speed and/or movement...

3. Piggybacking on #2, the ball leaving the pitcher's hand and the subsequent follow-through looks buttery smooth so far

4. Generic 1, the Pillsbury dough boy chest protector, and high stirrups are still in the game

5. The generic players still look a little cartoony to me, although some of it has to do with that hideous uni combo lol
Sometime I wish this like button was like ATH where I can click like on every separate point you make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »