Home

NHL 13 Roster Update Has Arrived, Includes Additional Transactions for AHL and DEL

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Roster Update Has Arrived, Includes Additional Transactions for AHL and DEL within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 13 Roster Update Has Arrived, Includes Additional Transactions for AHL and DE

Cool, have to check it out when I get home from work. Be nice to start playing with some fairly accurate rosters.

Little disappointed to hear someone say Brunner is still rated as a 60 OVR. Guess that's the good thing about having roster editing, we can at least make up for EA's mistakes along the line. Im just glad we'll have something fairly accurate.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Roster Update Has Arrived, Includes Additional Transactions for AHL and DE

You can't use the words fairly accurate with an EA roster. They are an absolute joke. Here's just an example : Leo Komarov, they have him as 5'10" and 167lb sniper and default face 1. Ok he is far from a sniper,he is 187 lbs and is blonde/dark blonde. Tyler biggs, not listed as leaf property, guess what? default face 1. Tim Connolly is not a free agent....That is just an example of the incredible attention to detail that EA gives these rosters. The problem is they have some dude from India looking at names on paper and has no clue what he is doing, who he is creating and what hockey is.
The only reason I needed this roster was because some genius decided to lock most player info this year so I couldn't fix Gomez or Redden's salary. Well congrats EA you got that right. Now I will use my own version of Komarov,Biggs,Tarasenko or anyone else they tried to create.

If you think about it,its pretty damn sad that a guy sitting at home with an xbox controller can do a much better job of roster updates than some guy with an ea editor sitting on a pc.

One more thing: Marc Savard, still on boston, hasn't played in years. What a joke.

Last edited by Dougie_G_93; 01-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93

One more thing: Marc Savard, still on boston, hasn't played in years. What a joke.
Well, technically, he IS still on the Bruins roster. He's just injured, won't play again, but is on their roster.

No matter what EA does, somebody is going to find something to complain about. But if you're gonna complain about something being inaccurate when it's accurate, jokes on you, jack!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Teemu Hartikanien, Leo Komarov, Vlad Tarasenko - all black players

and many mistakes (weight, height, role...) I hate this updates
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

Actually Marc Savard is not on the Bruins active roster. So in addition to be inaccurate, it's incomplete. And just peruse the free agent list. Its full of players that have retired or are in Europe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Rookie

storcka9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
Actually Marc Savard is not on the Bruins active roster. So in addition to be inaccurate, it's incomplete. And just peruse the free agent list. Its full of players that have retired or are in Europe.
Marc Savard is on the long term IR for the Bruins. He is still under contract with the Bruins much like Tim Thomas. He is not in the lineup in the new update, like Thomas so it is fine. The only problem with the Bruins roster is that Hamilton is a bit low, which I can easily fix.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
Rookie

i really dont understand why this is so hard for EA. Ultimate and Revamped do the same work and they arent even employed by EA, and they do it 20times better. I did the WJC roster and had to create many players and it is not as hard as it may seem and the effort EA puts into these is just embarressing
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Just started!

Is anyone else getting duplicates of players in free agents? So far I have found Tarasenko, Forsberg, Seth Jones, Justin Schultz and Komarov. I am sure there are many more that are also free agents. It is getting frustrating, I want to start a GM mode, and can't with duplicate players available on the market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »