Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: IGN Developer Commentary & Cubs/Giants Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
here's the youtube link for those who want it. I was having issue with the IGN page for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFiIloNVU6k

Also, man Soriano's stance still hasn't changed with that huge step he doesn't have. And Castro's stance, what is that? I really hope that isn't whats in the final game. I get what they were going for, but it just doesn't look like his actual stance. Seems odd to get upset over a batting stance, but after the new Cano stance I feel like it can take a lot of that authentic feel right out of the game. Its front and center when you are playing so how can you not pay attention to it.

And that chopper behind the plate by Sandoval scares me. I thought the new physics were going to reduce the excessive balls chopped backwards. It happens in real life, but not even close to how often players will hit choppers backwards in the show.
Relax.. Some of you guys are so worried. It's only a video game. Plus, you'll probably be able to change the stances to something you like more.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Great to see the pitch type and speed flash on the scorebug before disappearing again after each pitch
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I was just going to mention both of these! I liked that about MVP. I dont use GP anymore, but because of this, I may just check it our to see how it works... ya know, for experimental sake!
The system works like this, when you guess pitch type only and guess correctly the ball will flash red just as the pitcher releases the pitch. When you guess pitch type and location correctly the quadrant picked and the strike zone outline will flash red like in the past. If you guess one of the two wrong you get no visual indication for even partially guessing correctly.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
. If you guess one of the two wrong you get no visual indication for even partially guessing correctly.
Thats not what its showing in the video. The video only shows the ball flashing red, not the SZ.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Relax.. Some of you guys are so worried. It's only a video game. Plus, you'll probably be able to change the stances to something you like more.
I think you vastly underestimate how invested I and a lot of people on here are in the game. Only one game comes out each year with only one possible new stance for each player (and there aren't that many new stances each year 220 or so by the fact sheet, plus who knows if they took out old stances to choose from). If for example your favorite team is the Yankees and Cano's stance sucks, it can be heartbreaking since it is such a huge part of the game. We have countless threads dedicated to just batting stance authenticity, OSFM does a ton of work getting every player just right as well. It may be just a video game, but people forget it only exists in ONE FORM, this game is unique as is all games. Why do you think people went so crazy over Mass Effect 3, its because it was the ONLY Mass Effect 3. That game was large enough to warrant changes after the release because people were so upset even.

Sorry to ramble, but people need to take the community on here in perspective. If it was the ONE thing each year you were deeply invested in and planned to put hundreds of hours into, you'd be just as critical as everyone on here. For me the batting stances are a huge deal as you see these animations more than anything in the game. If they aren't spot on it sucks everytime you see them come to bat after a bunch of hours playing the game. I haven't used Ichiro on my team in many years for example because his stance is so bad I can't stand to see it that often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Sorry to ramble, but people need to take the community on here in perspective. If it was the ONE thing each year you were deeply invested in and planned to put hundreds of hours into, you'd be just as critical as everyone on here. For me the batting stances are a huge deal as you see these animations more than anything in the game. If they aren't spot on it sucks everytime you see them come to bat after a bunch of hours playing the game. I haven't used Ichiro on my team in many years for example because his stance is so bad I can't stand to see it that often.

I understand where youre coming from but I think the issue is that it would be almost impossible to get every player to do a mo-cap on their stance and swing. I dont know if they still do, but in the past they used the "Batting Stance Guy" to replicate the stances. Some, they may even had to create themselves. (IDK, Im not a Dev). But the only way to get them 100% perfect is to get all 1200 players in studio to mo-cap and I cant imagine that it would be just that easy, as if it were easy at all.

As for guys like Cano, YES his stance, swing, walk, etc should be 100% but it will never be unless he comes in and does it himself. Otherwise it will always be impersonated by the over-animated BSG! <-- Not his biggest fan!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
I see that Fielder's dreads made it into the game!
They were actually tweaking them while we were there too.

Quote:
And that chopper behind the plate by Sandoval scares me. I thought the new physics were going to reduce the excessive balls chopped backwards. It happens in real life, but not even close to how often players will hit choppers backwards in the show.
And that makes a total of how many times you've seen it from all the MLB 13 footage we've seen so far? Also, if anything that should be encouraging because it didn't bounce 30 feet in the air, right? And frequency isn't an issue because that is dependent on the PCI placement and timing (which we already know has been opened up.)

I won't get into batting stances, because it's a moot point. I say that because Cano's stance was even different when we were at CD, and his stance from MLB12 is still in the game.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #24
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Thats not what its showing in the video. The video only shows the ball flashing red, not the SZ.
That is because they only guessed pitch type.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »