Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Play of the Day Horns 1: Part 2 (Da_Czar)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Play of the Day Horns 1: Part 2 (Da_Czar) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K13 Video - Play of the Day Horns 1: Part 2 (Da_Czar)

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. If you missed part 1, you can view it here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Play of the Day Horns 1: Part 2 (Da_Czar)

Looks so nice.

I always run plays, I also try out every one of them but the players never walk that fluently or complete the plays (not setting a screen to abort it).
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. If you missed part 1, you can view it here.
Thanks Steve !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Great stuff Czar!

Probably one of the more fun things for me to do in this game is just to hop into plays mode with a team's playbook and just dig through it. Explore all the options, experiment with the timing of passes, sometimes running the same play 30-40 times until I'm comfortable with all the options and running it smoothly (timing of your passes are HUGE for this, like you mentioned).

Can't wait for the next video!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Didn't know about the hidden branch, although I know that because of the formation, the spacing there is good for Griffin to post up. You could also just ignore the play diagram after the 1st entry pass, and use it to create a post up opportunity for your guard. With Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, this is a great play for the Nets. You can call it by just pressing Y/Triangle when calling a play for Gerald Wallace. You should always make sure you get into the post position with your big when receiving the pass so as to protect the ball. I would also add that this is a good play to exploit exclusively on ball defenders online, as the little lag in the switching might cause them to trail the PG after the first pass, which can lead to an easy bucket. Lazy defenders will often sag off the big man to protect the cut to the rim by the wing player, which means you can either just shoot the J with your big, or if there's enough space, drive in for a dunk.

Overall, I prefer the Horns set to the 1-4 set used by the Jazz. It's quicker to develop, as players aren't taking 3 seconds to back screen their center's man, you can always run a double high pick and roll, and you've got more space to work with, because the perimeter isn't so crowded.

Thanks Czar!

(PS: Do you know if 2K have any of those Horns plays that the Lakers (vs the Bulls) and the Knicks (vs the Nets) were running on MLK day? For the Lakers, Kobe would be in one of the elbow positions, and then he would get a pick from the big man in the other elbow area to free him up for a mid range shot. They did this with Gasol as well, although I think it was to oop it to Howard. The Knicks ran this for Melo as well to use in the same situation as Kobe)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

What shooting sliders adjustments do you use, Czar?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

what software you use to edit your videos Czar?

Awesome play as always!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Didn't know about the hidden branch, although I know that because of the formation, the spacing there is good for Griffin to post up. You could also just ignore the play diagram after the 1st entry pass, and use it to create a post up opportunity for your guard. With Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, this is a great play for the Nets. You can call it by just pressing Y/Triangle when calling a play for Gerald Wallace. You should always make sure you get into the post position with your big when receiving the pass so as to protect the ball. I would also add that this is a good play to exploit exclusively on ball defenders online, as the little lag in the switching might cause them to trail the PG after the first pass, which can lead to an easy bucket. Lazy defenders will often sag off the big man to protect the cut to the rim by the wing player, which means you can either just shoot the J with your big, or if there's enough space, drive in for a dunk.

Overall, I prefer the Horns set to the 1-4 set used by the Jazz. It's quicker to develop, as players aren't taking 3 seconds to back screen their center's man, you can always run a double high pick and roll, and you've got more space to work with, because the perimeter isn't so crowded.

Thanks Czar!

(PS: Do you know if 2K have any of those Horns plays that the Lakers (vs the Bulls) and the Knicks (vs the Nets) were running on MLK day? For the Lakers, Kobe would be in one of the elbow positions, and then he would get a pick from the big man in the other elbow area to free him up for a mid range shot. They did this with Gasol as well, although I think it was to oop it to Howard. The Knicks ran this for Melo as well to use in the same situation as Kobe)
If I'm following, horns roll should give you something resembling that type of action.

Not sure what playbook it's in. Might be the Bulls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »