Home

Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14

Throw back shoes from 90's and 80's Like Air bakins or Air pippens

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

What's the point in having all these kicks when 2k doesn't even equip them on the players. Worst accessories update in franchise history and its probably gonna be worst next year because 2k has no competition and they don't give a sh!t anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

thelakeshow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana420
What's the point in having all these kicks when 2k doesn't even equip them on the players. Worst accessories update in franchise history and its probably gonna be worst next year because 2k has no competition and they don't give a sh!t anymore.
Bruh. Did you read the first post or nah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Since the tweet is coming from them, odds are shoes are getting some more love in NBA 2K14. What are you hoping to see? (Stay on topic of shoes, anything else will be deleted.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana420
Never really thought of it like that, but you're right.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Whatever it is, I am hopeful to see the great shoe features of 2K13 and 2K12 thrown together into one. I love the depth of shoes added in 2K13 and I like their visual upgrade. However, I found myself becoming frustrated with the oversimplification of shoe customization found in 2K13's edit player screen. I like being able to apply Hyperdunks to a player then freely tweaking a single color to match his real life pair. Instead, in 2K13, it was a little tedious having to go to the create-a-shoe screen and use up one of the limited "created shoe" slots just to make sure your player's shoes didn't look ridiculous, at which point they'd often end up looking ridiculous anyway because of the inability to accommodate shoes home and away.

All that said, I like the idea of a shoe "Insider" of sorts, though it wouldn't necessarily service the large swath of folks who use their own custom rosters.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
Rookie

GRONK IS AMAZIN's Arena

OVR: 4
Imma guessin it's attribute boosts on shoes again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
All that said, I like the idea of a shoe "Insider" of sorts, though it wouldn't necessarily service the large swath of folks who use their own custom rosters.
We all know how the last kind of insider turned out...I mean additional content is always nice, and maybe 2k provides a well planned and executed feature. On the other hand, is there any good reason for removing the shoe edit options in the first place?
So I want to be optimistic...but I just cant see what 3rd party branding can contribute to overall game quality. But its too early to judge of course, maybe the whole thing is going to be great.

Another speculation...maybe it is simply another kind of product placement. I mean we already have Footlocker,NikeID,Sprite and JayZ. So in the end it could be some kind of online shop integration or earning credit points for ordering some fancy signature shoe. Or even worse, you could earn VC by ordering something from Footlocker or Nice Kicks...

So maybe this feature will be amazing, but I dont like the direction with this. Why not cooperate with Synergy Sports or Hoopdata instead?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »