Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - New Gameplay Enhancements Video & Screenshots

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - New Gameplay Enhancements Video & Screenshots within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - New Gameplay Enhancements Video & Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
It's been three years since I bout a TW game, but I'll almost certainly be getting this. With majors, playoffs, and ball physics, there is no way I could go back to my older game.
You're the kind of gamer about whom I was curious to see if Tiger 14's feature set would bring back to the table. I have a hunch that there are a number of you out there who were waiting for today's news. I hope the gameplay lives up to the design!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Its almost like the devs took my personal laundry list of what I wanted improved this year and followed it to the letter.

I'm very, very excited about this year's edition and as many of you know, I found a lot of things lacking with the TW series over the years but I can't complain this year from the looks of it. At least they made a concerted effort to liven up the atmosphere and difficulty of this game and long overdue.

I almost played exclusively with the Move with TW 13 (which I loved as it was implemented very well last year) because I found playing with the controller too easy but it looks like I'll be dividing my time between both this year which is nice for those days when I don't feel like getting my *** off the couch.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade

Wow, very exciting. This alone will make me purchase the game, add on the other improvements and now &^() just got real.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Btw - the Simulation difficulty setting is EXACTLY what this series needed. I used to play on a PC tour (yes, I"m a dork) called the Clambaker's for TW 08. It was the most fun I have ever, ever had in a video game. You could not use any guides/grids etc - and you had an assigned handicap. I'm glad to see EA figured this one out and I welcome the challenge.
Heh, I used to play on Clambakers. Lots of fun with TW on PC back in the day. I agree with you though, the simulation difficulty is what the game needs.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew77
Heh, I used to play on Clambakers. Lots of fun with TW on PC back in the day. I agree with you though, the simulation difficulty is what the game needs.
Yes! A fellow Clam! Fantastic.

You're right - the closer it can get to the difficulty like the PC was, will allow this game to really flourish. I think it might even tempt me to play in a club. I too was turned off by the double digit scoring. You remember in Clambaker's they were very strict about that - granted they had guys that created software specifically for the tour. Let's hope 14 is the perfect 6 year wait (since TWO 08) that was necessary to reach a top golf game.

Btw - I hope this pushes the "competition" even harder just in case
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #22
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

It would be cool if the developers could add the 16th hole stadium and crazy crowd at The TCP Scottsdale Tournament. Love watching The Phoenix Open because of that hole.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

Last edited by Jackdog; 02-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
It would be cool if the developers could add the 16th hole stadium and crazy crowd at The TCP Scottsdale Tournament. Love watching The Phoenix Open because of that hole.
When the new consoles come out, I fully expect you will see things like this due to the increased VRAM that the new machines are rumored to have. EA is coming up against severe limitations with the current 512 MB of VRAM in the current consoles.....
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
When the new consoles come out, I fully expect you will see things like this due to the increased VRAM that the new machines are rumored to have. EA is coming up against severe limitations with the current 512 MB of VRAM in the current consoles.....
Thanks for the insight Divot.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »