Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5
Sounds cool. Everything is sounding great about this game. Hope it isn't a disappointment like last year's game.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I agree, this would seem like a good compromise. I'll take it for this year, and the licensing aspect sucks, but hopefully they build on this in the coming years.

So they have the PGA license which allows them to use names, but not the PGA players association (if their is one) license? How do other sports games make this work?
There is no PGA Players Association.....EA must negotiate a separate license with each individual golfer for their actual likeness (not name) to appear in the game. The PGA TOUR license only allows the use of their name in a leaderboard.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Man, you mean I can finally have tournaments that do not end up in tie? This is good for me. How about crazy wind in career mode, on weekends?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
What they could of did was just mention after each shot what your opponent did. IE: Tiger has hit it 320 yards down the left side of the fairway or Mickelson's 2nd shot has landed on the green 25 feet from the hole.

This workaround at least would have added some tension to the playoff without stepping on any legal toes.
Instead of showing the trajectory, I would've liked a quick screen of where their ball ended up. It'd give the shot-to-shot tension of knowing where they were without having to license any shots or sit through a ton of them in the event of a three- or four-way tie.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Instead of showing the trajectory, I would've liked a quick screen of where their ball ended up. It'd give the shot-to-shot tension of knowing where they were without having to license any shots or sit through a ton of them in the event of a three- or four-way tie.
Your proposal sounded workable to me. I posed it to an EA rep in the official Tiger Woods forum and got this response:

"Absolutely possible, and something we thought about too. its just a far more complex solution. Our AI system isn't currently robust enough to support such a concept. It could be made to be, but again it would have been much more work and risk. Also the tour may still have had issues with simulating actual play of their golfers...even without arcs. It's a touchy area for sure."
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0
Does anyone know about downloadable golf courses? Will it follow the 2012 model where you can simply buy a course or a package of courses and play them permanently or the obnoxious 2013 model?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
Does anyone know about downloadable golf courses? Will it follow the 2012 model where you can simply buy a course or a package of courses and play them permanently or the obnoxious 2013 model?
What exactly was "obnoxious" about it? No word on how 14 will handle DLC courses yet....

No need to post the same message in different threads.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What exactly was "obnoxious" about it? No word on how 14 will handle DLC courses yet....

No need to post the same message in different threads.....
Obnoxious in that you had to master a course in order to unlock it or get unlimited play on it. I don't have that much time. Just let me pay the $20 like I did in TW12 to download AND KEEP the courses I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »