Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developer Blog - Swing Style

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developer Blog - Swing Style within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developer Blog - Swing Style

How they accomplished it this year off the tee is that it forces you to swing with a draw or fade swing off the tee... meaning either 5 to 11 or 7 to 1..... this adds much to the table as that is tough to pull off perfectly every single time..... They also took away the slight fade or draw swings... the stick would revert back to str8 too often if you tried the slight stuff... so you aim slight, but will swing at 7 to 1 or greater.... greater if you are really trying to hook or slice it.... This also applies to your irons in Sim mode....

This was a great way to accomplish difficulty in accuracy without reverting to random landings.... It also negates y axis disabled controllers for the higher difficulties. Nobody should be able to complain about 3rd party controllers this year..... (They still will... but it will finally be irrelevant )
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
How they accomplished it this year off the tee is that it forces you to swing with a draw or fade swing off the tee... meaning either 5 to 11 or 7 to 1..... this adds much to the table as that is tough to pull off perfectly every single time..... They also took away the slight fade or draw swings... the stick would revert back to str8 too often if you tried the slight stuff... so you aim slight, but will swing at 7 to 1 or greater.... greater if you are really trying to hook or slice it.... This also applies to your irons in Sim mode....

This was a great way to accomplish difficulty in accuracy without reverting to random landings.... It also negates y axis disabled controllers for the higher difficulties. Nobody should be able to complain about 3rd party controllers this year..... (They still will... but it will finally be irrelevant )
Is it being suggested that it's not possible to hit a tee shot straight/no draw or fade IRL? I blast em out straight some of the time IRL...the other drives can go either left or right on me...but some go straight.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:

Yeah but what does it matter if there's a fade or draw if the ball still goes basically right where the marker is, know what I mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Yeah but what does it matter if there's a fade or draw if the ball still goes basically right where the marker is, know what I mean?
Because you will still have to execute the swing well to have your ball go where you intend it as the Power Golfer setup has less room for mis-hits than a Control Golfer.....if your swing execution is off, you will pay for it by being in the rough or a hazard unlike previous TW games....
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #13
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Because you will still have to execute the swing well to have your ball go where you intend it as the Power Golfer setup has less room for mis-hits than a Control Golfer.....if your swing execution is off, you will pay for it by being in the rough or a hazard unlike previous TW games....

First of all I want to apologize because on Tapatalk your post about Simulation mode didn't show up, it only showed my quote and that's it. So now since that stuff is all out of the way, can you explain Simulation mode a little bit? Do we basically just have a GPS range finder or w.e and we have to know how well/far we hit our clubs? If so that is the best thing to happen to TW golf IMO. How is putting with no grid?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
First of all I want to apologize because on Tapatalk your post about Simulation mode didn't show up, it only showed my quote and that's it. So now since that stuff is all out of the way, can you explain Simulation mode a little bit? Do we basically just have a GPS range finder or w.e and we have to know how well/far we hit our clubs? If so that is the best thing to happen to TW golf IMO. How is putting with no grid?
Divot, I too am curious about the no-grid putting? Have you tried it?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

This is not from experience, but from info provided...

I believe you will have to gauge the distance your self... (Ie... no gps #) so you will have to determine the club to hit yourself.... It may tell you the yardage (as pros even have that, but it will not give you an indication of what your club will do.... That is on you.....

To the previous discussion on swinging diagonally in sim mode... The point is to make a perfect swing very difficult.... From what it said, if I swing it str8, be prepared for rough ..... The diagonal swing is much harder to pull off and very hard to be precise.... That will give the mode the difficulty many have asked for with out resorting to Random Landings.... I love the idea as it killed the 3rd party controller debate along with the ... I hit every fairway debate.... So even though you are trying to hit the ball basically straight, you will have to hit with the diagonal swing as a fade or draw based on your preferences in your character..... Divot... correct me if I am wrong on this....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
This is not from experience, but from info provided...

I believe you will have to gauge the distance your self... (Ie... no gps #) so you will have to determine the club to hit yourself.... It may tell you the yardage (as pros even have that, but it will not give you an indication of what your club will do.... That is on you.....

To the previous discussion on swinging diagonally in sim mode... The point is to make a perfect swing very difficult.... From what it said, if I swing it str8, be prepared for rough ..... The diagonal swing is much harder to pull off and very hard to be precise.... That will give the mode the difficulty many have asked for with out resorting to Random Landings.... I love the idea as it killed the 3rd party controller debate along with the ... I hit every fairway debate.... So even though you are trying to hit the ball basically straight, you will have to hit with the diagonal swing as a fade or draw based on your preferences in your character..... Divot... correct me if I am wrong on this....

This sounds fantastic..with a capital F

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »