Home

Madden NFL 25 officially announced, Releases August 27

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 officially announced, Releases August 27 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 officially announced, Releases August 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Your avatar is just awesome .

Anyway they say the same thing every year. Most innovative, most advanced gameplay, blah blah friggin' blah. I'll wait to see what Madden 16 has to offer or whatever it's going to be called once they get a little bit of a grip on the new consoles. I like the name change, but at the same time it's kinda dumb. I do think they should do it like the superbowl though with the roman numerals.
Yeah Madden NFL XXV is my vote too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #26
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

“It’s great to be back with another year of the award-winning Madden NFL Cover Vote for a brand-new game that will be the deepest and most innovative in the history of the franchise when it launches in August,” said Anthony Stevenson, Senior Director of Marketing at EA SPORTS.

What do you all think of the naming convention change this year?
It's telling that EA's opening volley on this new iteration of Madden is what to call it/whom to show on the cover. They could of course focus on telling us what exactly is going to constitute "the deepest and most innovative" features of the game, but that likely wouldn't please marketing.

Last edited by stp2081; 02-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
This year’s game will push the boundaries with gameplay and feature innovations that will lay a very strong foundation for the next 25 years of this storied franchise.”

hopefully with this statement they actually fix all gameplay issues thats been in the previous yrs since the ps2 day's. that way when they move to the ps4 and xbox 720 that will all be worked out and not still be a beta tested version for new system's.
Isn't this what they say every year.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Isn't this what they say every year.
YUPP!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5
You guys need to understand that marketing is typically a fixed cost. Saying they overspend on marketing is foolish since they are probably throwing the same amount from year to year, adjusted to the amount of cash they have lying around.

In addition, most of you guys think Madden is purchased by every single person. That is not true, the hype machine helps boost sales and gets more people excited about a product. That buzz is what draws some gamers to a product. Competition has nothing to do with it, a casual sports gamer would have trouble choosing between Madden and, lets say an FPS unless awareness was built up for a product and they were looking forward to it.

As for the name change, it's stupid.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Your avatar is just awesome .

Anyway they say the same thing every year. Most innovative, most advanced gameplay, blah blah friggin' blah. I'll wait to see what Madden 16 has to offer or whatever it's going to be called once they get a little bit of a grip on the new consoles. I like the name change, but at the same time it's kinda dumb. I do think they should do it like the superbowl though with the roman numerals.

Also I agree they need to kill all the over the top marketing they do for this game. The game damn near sells itself! There's no comp! All you honestly have to do is tell people the release date, lol. That's all alot of people, especially casuals, care about anyway. I don't know how many times I've been in a game store or talking with people and all they ask is when is the new madden coming out? That's all they care about. They get the release date and go buy it. IMO it's just wasted time with all this cover vote and cover athlete stuff.

I understand promoting your product and putting it out there, but they really go all out for such a sub-par product. I guess they have to since they don't have a great product to begin with. They have to live off the license and the legacy, not the quality.
You know, after reading this post it made me think about something. You are right about Madden basically selling itself so all the marketing and hype must be about something else. That something is image and relevancy to the business world, ie the NFL, share holders, advertisers, etc. I despise that there is so much going on around Madden that has absolutely nothing to do with actual gamers and everything to do with mass marketing of an established brand.

I can only hope that part of the alleged "lessons learned" by EA from next-gen Madden, is no longer paying for an exclusive NFL license. That way I can again have other NFL games to choose from and not give an eff about whatever marketing or whomever does with this game.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's the "monumental change" line from Madden 13

A "monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality. "

This is obviously referring to the IE, but so far it's been a monumental collapse, the jury is still out on this one I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #32

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
So... what happens in 11/12 years?
lol, exactly. In 2024, will they release "Madden 25 jr" or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »