Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Super Bowl XLVII, Available Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Super Bowl XLVII, Available Tomorrow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Super Bowl XLVII, Available Tomorrow

The Madden NFL 13 roster update for Super Bowl XLVII will be available tomorrow morning for Play Now (Online/Offline).

Some notable updates:
  • Tom Brady -1 (98)
  • Tony Gonzalez +1 (96)
  • Ray Rice +1 (95)
  • Frank Gore +1 (95)
  • Aldon Smith +1 (95)
  • Ed Reed -2 (92)
  • Aaron Hernandez +1 (94)
  • NaVorro Bowman +1 (94)
  • John Abraham -2 (92)
  • Julio Jones +2 (92)
  • Ray Lewis -1 (91)
  • Matt Birk +1 (92)
  • Mike Iupati -3 (92)
Quote:
There are well over 150+ transactions and player rating adjustments that went into this roster update - which focused primarily on removing players from IR and updating the team depth charts of the two recently eliminated playoff teams (Atlanta and New England).

The biggest mover after Conference Championships Weekend was Baltimore HB Bernard Pierce, who received a four-point increase to 77 overall after rushing for 52 yards on just nine carries. Baltimore QB Joe Flacco continued his ascent into the league's elite with another two point boost this week (now 91 overall), while Atlanta WR Julio Jones (92), San Francisco FB Bruce Miller (88), and New England OL Ryan Wendell (82) also received two point upgrades. San Francisco LB NaVorro Bowman went up one point as well to a 94 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are Atlanta FB Mike Cox (from 74 to 72 overall), New England HB Danny Woodhead (from 81 to 79 overall), Atlanta DE John Abraham (from 94 to 92 overall), and San Francisco OL Mike Iupati (from 95 to 92 overall).

Click here to view all of the Madden NFL 13 roster update changes for the Conference Championship roster update.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
Rookie

johnnyboy8102's Arena

OVR: 2
The Ravens defense held the Patriots to 13 points and under 4 yards per carry but are getting decreases?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Super Bowl XLVII, Available Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy8102
The Ravens defense held the Patriots to 13 points and under 4 yards per carry but are getting decreases?
Don't understand at all how Ray Lewis is going down.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Don't understand at all how Ray Lewis is going down.
Yeah, that's really weird..
Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

i'm slightly concerned that the ray lewis 91 OVR is related to the whole Psalms 91 thing. obviously, i hope it isn't but you really can't put it past EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Aaron Hernandez is rated a 94 in this game? He's not even the best TE on his team, let alone one of the best in the league. Ratings really need to be stretched again.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I really hope they change up the ratings system for Xbox 720 and PS4 or whatever they are going to call these systems. I really hope they go with less numbers and more traits. I can see numbers for speed, strength and a few other things. But I really hope they get rid of a lot of numbers that doesn't do much to distinguish players. Also have positional ratings that make sense and be a more determining factor. Why is strength the factor that determines how long a block is going to be held? That's crazy. Some of your best linemen are not that strong but they are great technicians and they know how to best a defender. But in the current version of Madden we would never see that because their strength rating is low. Mehhh
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I really hope they change up the ratings system for Xbox 720 and PS4 or whatever they are going to call these systems. I really hope they go with less numbers and more traits. I can see numbers for speed, strength and a few other things. But I really hope they get rid of a lot of numbers that doesn't do much to distinguish players. Also have positional ratings that make sense and be a more determining factor. Why is strength the factor that determines how long a block is going to be held? That's crazy. Some of your best linemen are not that strong but they are great technicians and they know how to best a defender. But in the current version of Madden we would never see that because their strength rating is low. Mehhh
i agree they need get rid of ratings for players that has nothing to do with that postion...like if u go to create a qb for example why is there a power moves and finesse moves or impact blocking and footwork or pass or run blocking and kick power???? get rid those and just put in the thing for that postion like throw power,accuracy etc the qb has 25 ratings thats not even needed for that postion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »