Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
No. Just, no.

Um, yes. Just yes.

How would you feel playing as Tiger Woods on a Sunday in the Masters and not wearing typical Sunday Nike Red? Wouldn't be sim. Would ruin the immersion.

Sim is not defined as just gameplay. Because if it was, we'd be playing Madden/NCAA/NHL/FIFA with generic jerseys. PGA Golfer sponsorships/clothing = Team Sport Jerseys.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
Um, yes. Just yes.

How would you feel playing as Tiger Woods on a Sunday in the Masters and not wearing typical Sunday Nike Red? Wouldn't be sim. Would ruin the immersion.

Sim is not defined as just gameplay. Because if it was, we'd be playing Madden/NCAA/NHL/FIFA with generic jerseys. PGA Golfer sponsorships/clothing = Team Sport Jerseys.
That is all well and good - but this thread is about Simulation difficulty - not presentation.

Plus, EA need to focus on one thing at at time - I need good gameplay (in all their games) first before anything else.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

I'm a stickler for swing style - and that looks nothing like Keegan Bradley's swing:

So - that aspect might ruin it for me just a tiny tad - but the simulation aspect is very exciting - and I cannot wait for frickin end of March to get this. I still have 13 and that will be trade in bait.
You are not going to see too many of the individual golfer's actual swings until we get new consoles with more video ram. EA is coming up against a number of video ram-related issues with the current consoles. If they had more than 512 MB of VRAM, the game, golfers, environment would be far more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Just sad. The first glimmer of hope for sim fans breaks on the first post comments about what brand pants the dude is wearing. No wonder the industry could care less about game play anymore.
What the heck is your problem? I care for sim golf too, but as soon as I saw Keegan with this Tommy Hilfiger clothing on, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Just because I looked at clothing, doesn't mean I could "could care less about game play anymore"
Old 02-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That is all well and good - but this thread is about Simulation difficulty - not presentation.

Plus, EA need to focus on one thing at at time - I need good gameplay (in all their games) first before anything else.
I agree. I'm not complaining about it. My posts are in reference to lnin0's post right away basically ripping Alex for commenting on it. No need for that. All of it is part of simulation. Simulation gameplay is the start.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You are not going to see too many of the individual golfer's actual swings until we get new consoles with more video ram. EA is coming up against a number of video ram-related issues with the current consoles. If they had more than 512 MB of VRAM, the game, golfers, environment would be far more realistic.
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. It's not a big deal - but would be nice someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
I agree. I'm not complaining about it. My posts are in reference to lnin0's post right away basically ripping Alex for commenting on it. No need for that. All of it is part of simulation. Simulation gameplay is the start.
Ah I gotcha. No worries at all - I am definitely a supporter of simulation presentation too though - like more stats, interactive commentary - etc. But I'm glad you agree - gameplay is numero uno!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

WOHHOOOOO!!!! Now, any word on AI scoring? TW14 could be the true simulation golf game we have all been waiting for!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

This sounds amazing. Can't wait for March!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »