Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Grandmaster B, I can say that we'll at least be able to play our respective CC tournaments in simultaneous play with your fellow club members. You'll be able to be connected to them via an in-game voice chat facility, see their shot tracers depicting their shots in real time (provided they're on the same hole as you), and get an updated leaderboard, hole-by-hole. This will provide a much more live atmosphere than what we've had with Live Tournaments to date.

I seriously doubt that we're going to be able to play CC medal play tournaments in traditional multiplayer, turn-based play, but that hasn't been officially denied because the full features of online and country club play haven't been fully disclosed yet. I say I doubt it because I think this is hard for their game engine to handle in this context, based on their comments relating to such an idea over the last few years.

What I'm hoping for is that they will have found a way to build a structured matchplay tournament into Online Country Club competitions where we could play the match head-to-head. In such an event, the software wouldn't have to track what's going on elsewhere in the event and would be less prone to crashing due to network conflicts... that's my guess anyway.
That is good to hear OnlookerDelay
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You may very well be on to something here... I didn't touch the Legacy mode myself last year, and I had relatively few issues with freezing. I'll definitely sit out "Legends of the Majors" until we've had some feedback on how it might be affecting online play freezing!
Interesting, I finished the Tiger Mode on PS3 and had no problems when I played in the country club or in my career.

Oh well, I am looking forward to this mode. It will be nice to replay some of classic matchups and rounds.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Interesting, I finished the Tiger Mode on PS3 and had no problems when I played in the country club or in my career.
I played Tiger 13 on the XBox 360, save for a few days on the PS3 with the Move. I never tried to play the PS3 version online once I saw how bad I sucked with the Move

Quote:
Oh well, I am looking forward to this mode. It will be nice to replay some of classic matchups and rounds.
It definitely has potential, but as eager as I am to get into Live Tournament and multiplayer online Country Club play, I can easily be patient waiting on history not to repeat itself with the *potential* for the Legends of the Majors mode to somehow affect the stability of the online modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

this I learned that status points will once again determine the Club Champion for the week. I was hoping to get some details on how the online country club competitions have been expanded. The idea of a Country Club Tour and head to head Country Club competitions sounds fantasti
Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubel909
this I learned that status points will once again determine the Club Champion for the week. I was hoping to get some details on how the online country club competitions have been expanded. The idea of a Country Club Tour and head to head Country Club competitions sounds fantasti
Details will be forthcoming when EA releases their Country Club/Online play features in the near future....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »