Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #81
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I did a Google search instead, it was in the "Top 5 wishes for MLB 13" tabarnes19 confirmed it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-show-27.html

And I certain its been mentioned before in many other threads periodically

Park effects...?
Yes....it's been in for quite some time.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #82
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

I have to say, reading some of these posts are stinkin hilarious. People get really worked up about these things. But, when on the topic of rosters and ratings, Knight, are rosters by any odd chance going to be able to get done earlier this year? I love the job you guys do and I am not complaining, but all these franchise mode improvements get me excited and I just can't start until your rosters come out. Thanks for all the hard work every year!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the number ratings, its a more accurate representation of each player based on their individual ratings for the position they play. Look at cabrera for example, dudes power and contact are off the charts, his plate discipline and ability to hit R/L pitchers is awesome. So I'm sure that the majority of his 99 is derived from his hitting ability more than his fielding seeing as its only average.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #84
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
I have to say, reading some of these posts are stinkin hilarious. People get really worked up about these things. But, when on the topic of rosters and ratings, Knight, are rosters by any odd chance going to be able to get done earlier this year? I love the job you guys do and I am not complaining, but all these franchise mode improvements get me excited and I just can't start until your rosters come out. Thanks for all the hard work every year!
Earlier than opening day? Yeesh...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Dance puppets

In all serious is par for the course there is no middle ground with people. Everyone complains no matter what.
Exactly. Every year at this time we see so much whining about little minute things that people don't like or complain about. It's sad when you think about it. At the end of the day, it is still a video game. Not everyone plays it the same way. Ratings can be edited and yes the roof is still not closed. It's not a big deal. SCEA strives every year to add as much new material to the game as they can. A lot of it ideas and requests from the very people on OS, yet the more great things they add the more people complain about what they didn't add to the game. Be happy you're getting the greatest baseball game there is from people who care about making the product better every year and not just standing pat and adding a roster update as a new game. Some people just aren't happy unless they are getting what "they" want.

I know what kind of game we're getting and I can't wait for it to get here. It's supposed to be fun. Don't make it a headache for yourself by worrying about a player's left foot in his stance or a jersey color not being the perfect 100% shade of blue.

It's about having fun with a great product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Exactly. Every year at this time we see so much whining about little minute things that people don't like or complain about. It's sad when you think about it. At the end of the day, it is still a video game. Not everyone plays it the same way. Ratings can be edited and yes the roof is still not closed. It's not a big deal. SCEA strives every year to add as much new material to the game as they can. A lot of it ideas and requests from the very people on OS, yet the more great things they add the more people complain about what they didn't add to the game. Be happy you're getting the greatest baseball game there is from people who care about making the product better every year and not just standing pat and adding a roster update as a new game. Some people just aren't happy unless they are getting what "they" want.

I know what kind of game we're getting and I can't wait for it to get here. It's supposed to be fun. Don't make it a headache for yourself by worrying about a player's left foot in his stance or a jersey color not being the perfect 100% shade of blue.

It's about having fun with a great product.
Well said.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #87
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Earlier than opening day? Yeesh...
Yeah, the more I look at my comment the more how I think and realize it sounds a little rediculous. Just curious I suppose. Like I don't know if each year he has more and more people who will help that make it quicker or not. I am just anxious I guess.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #88
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Two 99 rated players for the Rockies. I'm using them this year since I am using the Mets in 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »