Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #89
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Exactly. Every year at this time we see so much whining about little minute things that people don't like or complain about. It's sad when you think about it. At the end of the day, it is still a video game. Not everyone plays it the same way. Ratings can be edited and yes the roof is still not closed. It's not a big deal. SCEA strives every year to add as much new material to the game as they can. A lot of it ideas and requests from the very people on OS, yet the more great things they add the more people complain about what they didn't add to the game. Be happy you're getting the greatest baseball game there is from people who care about making the product better every year and not just standing pat and adding a roster update as a new game. Some people just aren't happy unless they are getting what "they" want.

I know what kind of game we're getting and I can't wait for it to get here. It's supposed to be fun. Don't make it a headache for yourself by worrying about a player's left foot in his stance or a jersey color not being the perfect 100% shade of blue.

It's about having fun with a great product.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #90
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
Yeah, the more I look at my comment the more how I think and realize it sounds a little rediculous. Just curious I suppose. Like I don't know if each year he has more and more people who will help that make it quicker or not. I am just anxious I guess.
There's usually a spring training set, it will most likely be missing some features though.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Two 99 rated players for the Rockies. I'm using them this year since I am using the Mets in 12.
Just think of all the prospects you could get for those two guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #92
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Man, 17 players rated 99 seems like a lot to me. And to think that they originally had 44!?

Since this is my first year playing The Show, I'm used to having like 3 or 4 99's.

But I 100% trust the SCEA team and have complete faith in them that they will always give us a great game no matter what they do. So I try to keep my mouth shut and let them do their thing and know that I will get an excellent baseball sim on March 5th.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREYN24
I love the number ratings, its a more accurate representation of each player based on their individual ratings for the position they play. Look at cabrera for example, dudes power and contact are off the charts, his plate discipline and ability to hit R/L pitchers is awesome. So I'm sure that the majority of his 99 is derived from his hitting ability more than his fielding seeing as its only average.
Don't bars represent it just as accurately without a number attached to it ?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 2

Numbers are a way better rating system than bars. Obviously, people don't like the ratings, which is fair. The Show has always been god-awful at rating players. But at least we don't have to deal with the bar system anymore.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #95
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Why wasn't there this much uproar last year when there was just full bars instead of numbers????? Now that there is number people complain? Are you serious?
Personally I dont care if every MLBer is a 99 as long as they play like their real life counter part is all that matters.
I can't wait for this years game. They have finally made the changes to franchise that I have yearned for, more emphasis on scouting, the draft and your farm. I always felt that's why MVP 05 was always the best cause it felt like a complete franchise mode having to care about every aspect of it. I think The Show 13 will finally topple MVP 05 in my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #96
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Hopefully, this bitter memory will drive the dev team to move away from exposing player ratings at all.... player skill are something we estimate from watching them play, see through performance stats, asking scouts, etc., etc., ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »